Physical activity benefits in maintaining sane mental health and in recovering from mental illnesses. Recent research has revealed that physical activity excretes a substance that promotes new brain cells, thus initiating the recovery of several severe mental disorders. The human brain requires at least 30 minutes of intensive physical activity for healthy growth. And no, your daily commute to work does not count in physical activity.
How does physical activity benefit mental health?
How does physical activity benefit our mental health? The answer is deeply rooted in human evolution. Back in the day, our ancestors needed survival skills to fight against nature. These survival instincts required vigorous physical activities and body movement. But, here is the twist in the story, when humans left the forest and migrated to the flatland. Their brain was already programmed to encourage physical activity for their well-being.
- ♥【Smart watch for Android Phones Samsung iPhone】- Compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4 above smartphones. Download and install Free "VeryFitPro" APP, bind this smartwatch in your cell phone,you can receive alerts of calendar, SMS, incoming calls and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and more) on this watch;It will never let you miss any important things.
- ♥【Accurate Fitness Tracker】- Supports 9 sports such as Walking, running, bicycle , Hike, Mountaineering, Dynamic cycling, fitness, treadmill, Yoga. Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, miles walked, active minutes. Can track all your workout routes, distances, and physical status during exercise. Stay motivated all day!
- ♥【24/7 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Tracker】- Automatically monitor your real-time heart rate, and provide comprehensive analysis of your sleep quality (deep sleep,light sleep and wake up time) to help you develop a healthier lifestyle.
- ♥【Waterproof Fitness Watch & Long-Lasting Battery】- Willful smart watches is designed with IP68 waterproof rating,which allows you to swim in the pool with it with no worries(NOTICE:It can not track your swimming data). Large capacity and low power consumption design offers longer endurance.It support 7 days of normal use and 30 days standby time
- ★【More Practical Tools 】- Willful smart watch also features with many practical tools, such as alarm clocks, stopwatch, timer,deep breather guide, music controller, sedentary reminder, adjust brightness,find phone.
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS: LCD monitor measures the steps time total and calories, making your exercise more reasonable and effective
- TOTAL BODY: Equipped with removable training bands this high-quality stepper tightens over 20 different core muscles and using low-impact aerobic exercise to help tone your chest back and shoulders
- HYDRAULIC DRIVE SYSTEM: Built with a hydraulic drive system this workout machine provides a smooth stepping motion. Arrives assembled (simply attach resistance bands)
- HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: Height adjustment knob adjusts the step motion height for either short bursts or long steps
- WIDE NON-SLIP PEDALS: Large textured foot plates ensure a solid, non-slip footing Height range will decrease with each counter-clockwise turn
Also Read: 5 Best fitness Apparel for women in 2021
Physical activity benefit adrenaline rush
Adrenaline is basically a threat response our body produces to a stressful situation. The increased heartbeat and blood flow are the dominant sign of the adrenaline rush. It is not that bad how it sounds. Some people actually feel empowered by an adrenalin rush; they practically induce adrenaline by indulging in extreme physical activities.
After years of evolution, humans have now developed an adrenaline hormonal reaction against any physical activity that promotes good physical health and triggers immediate learning reactions. So a person with a good exercise routine will surely be a quick learner.
The adrenaline rush initiated through physical activity benefits the brain in a way. When your brain gets used to the production of adrenaline, it somehow becomes more efficient in handling stressful situations.
Physical activity benefit stress level and brain cells
Physical activity benefits mental health by controlling stress levels. Exercise gives you exhaust for your emotions, thus decreasing the day-to-day stress. Physical activity also promotes the development of the Brain-Derived Neurotropic Factor (BDNF), which is responsible for producing new brain cells. The myth that says once your brain cells die, they cant regrow is now busted. This is not true. With physical activity and exercise, BDNF levels rise, promoting brain cells’ regrowth, which is very important for mental illness recovery.
According to the alarming statistical data, people with mental health illnesses die 20 years earlier than people with healthy brain function. In comparison, there are many triggers for mental health illnesses. One common thing you will find in people suffering from mental health disorders is their static lifestyle. The stationary lifestyle can be led anyone to suffer from serious health illnesses along with depression. Some of these health problems can cause serious harm in no time.
Summing up, The key to a healthy life is to stay physically active. Go for a good run, do yoga, gymnastic, or whatever you need to stay in the game Exercise and mental wellness go hand in hand. Being physically active is the best possible way out of any mental health disorder. So, plan your day well, stay active, stay healthy, stay happy!