Essay Topic: Man is Born Free but Everywhere He is in Chains
- Man is Born Free but Everywhere He is in Chains
- A statementof Rousseau
- By nature man is born free, but civil society restricts his freedom
- In the state of freedom, man develops his physical, mental, and moral personality to the maximum extent
- Being free of worries like the state, marriage, and family, man can lead a pure and morallife.
- Civic life, a set of do’s and don’ts, is based on artificial manners and sophistication.
- Competition among the members of modern societies is the cause of all evils like greed, hypocrisy, lust of power, murders, and injustices.
- J.S.Mill also supports the idea that civic life do not let a man’s personality groom properly.
- The Hippie movementin Europe is also based on Rousseau’s slogan:”Back to the nature.”
- All this is but Utopian. Islamic concept of social life, true Muslim is one from whose hands and tongue other Muslims feel themselves secure, is ideal one for whole humanity.
For complete sample essays click here.