Due to a lack of guidelines, we all become a little bit confused after our 12th standard. Honestly, I, too, was so confused. Only one question was revolving in my mind that what should I choose? Industrial engineering or engineering management. Or should I go for Aerodynamic Engineering? Which universities are on ranking? Which companies will give me a job? For all the answers to these questions. I had researched a lot and gained a lot of experience. I will share it. In this regard, you will not face that much confusion and frustration.
Although I got admitted to the best institute globally for Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management programs at the University of Mighimin, there is also the best institute for it, including Georgia Tech, Cornell, and Dartmouth. After that, I observed both programs keenly because I didn’t want to make any wrong decisions.
Firstly, keep in mind, this all totally depends upon your goals and interest. In this regard, ask a question to yourself that what do you want? And what program grasp your more attention and interest? Because if you follow the scope rather than following your passion, you will not reach the top. Passion always leads to the satisfaction of soul and success.
“Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
-Anthony J. D’Angelo
So the point is that if you follow your passion, so success will follow you. You will enjoy the program and experience. Which always leads to career growth and a high salary.
If you are thinking about the salary. In this regard, on average, starting salaries are almost the same for both these programs. Right now, focus on picking up the right course.
Why Should I choose Engineering Management?
I prefer to go to the Engineering Management program. The reason is below
- Engineering Management offers Traditional IE based course, for instance, Operations Research, Operation Management
- Strategy and Marketing.
Broader Management Subjects are in demand nowadays. So that was also the most significant reason.
- Business Strategy
- Consumer behavior
- Product development
Top Ranking University for Engineering Management
- University of Southern California (Viterbi)
- Pennsylvania State University–World Campus.
- North Carolina State University.
- Texas A&M University–College Station (Look)
- University of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign, the Grainger College of Engineering.
Why didn’t I Choose Industrial Engineering?
Industrial Engineering is limited to the Supply Chain Management field. I love to explore as much as I can in the curriculum. That’s why I didn’t choose this program.
What is the Scope of MS Industrial Engineering include?
Although, it teaches a lot and it’s all the game of interest. Usually, an MS degree in industrial engineering covers the following courses:
- Computer-aided manufacturing
- Human factors ergonomics and engineering
- Lean Six Sigma
- Financial Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Machine learning and Analytic
- Management science
- Material Management
- Engineering economics
- Operations research and optimization technique
- Material Management
- Product development
- Productivity improvement
- The predetermined motion time system
- Computer use for IE
- Project Management
- Statistical Process Control
- Quality control
- Production control and planning
- Reliability engineering
- Life testing
- Logistics, and Supply chain management
- Policy planning and system dynamics
- Motion study and time
- System analysis and techniques
- Quality engineering.
- Workspace design and facilities design.
Top 3 industrial Engineers Jobs
- Logistic Automation Engineer
The employee is supposed to manage new automation- AMR (autonomous mobile robots)
- Associate Quality Engineer
The employee should have 14 years of education from reputed institutes
- Automotive Engineer
The employee is supposed to support and performs DCS Programming Automotive tasks
List of Top 5 companies hiring Industrial Engineers
It is the company in the USA. It is an airline leader in innovation, reliability, safety, and customer experience. Yearly, they serve more than 200 million people. They take customers from more than 300 destinations in over 51 countries.
So taking a job here will not be a bad idea.
Everyone is familiar with Disney. Their movies are on trending worldwide. They have four theme parks consisting of Epcot, Disney Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Ore over, they have two water parks: nine non-Disney hotels, 27 themed resort hotels, a camping resort, and much more.
It is located in Pakistan. It is the world’s largest package delivery company.
Moreover, It has an experience of more than a century. UPS uses international commerce, logistics, modern transportation, and financial services.
They transform lives through medical solutions that play a significant role in the health of patient’s worldwide
They manufacture the most challenging and specialized equipment and trucks. Their business is with machines. They are not only limited to devices, but they also work on protecting, building, and serving the different communities all over the world
What is taught in Industrial Engineering?
Look around, and you will also mostly see the things developed by industrial engineers. Your bottle, glass, cup, scared, etc. Industrial Engineers always plan Their life cycles
Industrial engineering teaches you:
- Process Improvement from a technical perspective. Also includes a managerial one
- It provides more opportunities
- At the start, the salary is not so high, but after you will gain experience. So then, it will also pay you high.
- It will cover all industries
- Area of industries
- Operational scheduling and Logistics
- Material handling
- Operational management and International Production
- Operational planning and Production
It is the world of technology, and industrial engineering is always inventing new technology. You will be in the dynamic field.
Top Ranking Universities for Industrial Engineering 2020
- University of Michigan
- University of California
- Cornell University
- Northwestern University
- Stanford University
Should I choose aerodynamic engineering or industrial engineering?
Aerodynamic engineering will cover the design and research area. They work in an area that goes beyond rockets and airplanes Moreover, teach about the fundamental principles of aerodynamics, Structural mechanism, Flight control, Design, Structural mechanism, Primary math, science, and engineering. Also, they train their graduate’s practical skills. They have specialized laboratories to build practical skills.
Top ranking universities for aerodynamic engineering
- Behan University
- Northwestern Polythetical University
- National University of Defense Technology
- Harbin Institute of Technology
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor