- Tapaimukh Dam issue is between India & Bangladesh.
- Foreign Minister of Bangladesh is Dipu Moni.
- PM of Bangladesh Shaikh Haseena of Awami League elected
in December, 29,2008.
- Mongolia has world’s 6% of Uranium reserves.
- The Bofors case led to Congress defeat in 1989 Lok Sabha
polls. Ottavio Quattrocchi, an Italian businessman, took bribes to
sale Bofors howitzers to India in 1986.
- Mao movement is connected with Naxalites.
- Black Widow is a rebellious gang in Assam.
- US intends to deploy US interceptor Missiles in Poland and
radar in Czech Republic to protect Europe from Iranian missiles.
- Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel belongs to conservative
- OECD has 30 members and doesnot include China.
- US special representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan is
- Senator John Kerry and Richard Lugar put forward Kerry-
- G-20 Summit was held at Pittsburg, USA in Sep: 2009.
- David Lawrance Convention Centre arranges G-20 Summit.
- ISRO is Indian Space Research Organisation.
- President of Mongolia is Tsakhiagin Elbegdorj.
- Director General of Int. Atomic Energy Agency is Mohammad
- US Open 2009 won by Kim Clisjsters of Belgium and Juan
Martin del Porto won men’s singles titles.
- UEFA president is Michel Platni.
- Dal Lake is in occupied Kashmir.
- Shoe thrower on Bush Muntazer al Zaidi worked for Al-
Baghdadi newspaper, Egypt.
- President of France is Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Mother Tressa belonged to Albania and came to India in 1951.
She died on Sep:5, 19997 and is burried at Kolkata.
- Sachin Tendulkar completed 16000 runs in ODIs.
- President of Russia is Dimitri Medwedev. PM is Viladamir
- World Bank president is Robert Zoellic.
- US Secretary of State is Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Head of WTO is Pascal Lamy.
- Garden of Five Senses is in Delhi.
- Obama is US’s 44th President.
- Danny Boyle is the director of Slum Dog Millionaire.
- President of Chechnia is Ramzan A. Kadyrov.
- Shasha Obama (younger) and Malia Obama (elder) are two
daughters of Barak Obama.
- Ahmadinejad defeated Mir Hussain Moussavi in his reelection.
- Honduran President Manuel Zelaya was ousted in a military
coup. He was deported to Costa Rica.
- Brazil beats US in Confederation Cup.
- Iceland swears its first female PM Johanna Sigurdard Ottir.
- Baitullah Mehsud killed on Aug: 5, 2009.
- Serena Williams and Roger Federer are Wimbeldon winners
- ICJ issued arrest warrants for Sudanese President Omar
Hassan Ahmad Al-Bashir.
- President of North Korea is Kim Jong-il.
- Jacob Zuma won elections in South Africa.
- Abdullah Abdullah contested elections against Hamid Karzai.
- Chinese President is Hu Jintao.
- Mother-in-Law of Obama is Marian Robinson.
- President of Bangladesh is Zillur Rahman.
- Governor State Bank of Pakistan is Syed Salim Raza.
- Pakistan Ambassador to UN is Abdullah Hussain Haroon.
- President of Sri Lanka is Mahinda Percy Rajapaksa and PM is
- President of India is Prathiba Patel, Interior Minister is
- Michael Jackson died on 25th June 2009 at the age of 50.
- LTTE chief Prabhakaran killed on 18th May 2009.
- Titanic Museum opened in UK on 31st March 2009.
G.K arranged by MUSLIM ABBAS PITAFI 113
- The Internaitiona Airport of Washington DC is known as Dulles
- Michael Sleiman has taken over as the President of Lebanon.
- 5th World Water Forum concluded in Istanbul on 22nd March
- China celebrated its 60th Aniversary on 1st Oct: 2009.
- India will hold the Common Wealth Games in 2010.
- Jill Baden is the wife of Joe Biden, VP USA.
- Michelle Obaman is the wife of Barack Obama.
- CIA director is Leon Panetta.
- Secretary General of OIC is Ikmalluddin Ihsan Iglo (Turkey).
- US Ambassador to Iraq is Christopher Hill.
- Gilgit-Baltistan Empowerment and Self Governance Order
2009 came on Sep: 7, 2009. Qamar-uz-Zaman Qaira made
governer on 15th Sep: 2009.
- The book “Jinnah- India, Partition, Independence” is written by
- The World Athletics Championship was held in Berlin in 2009.
- Justice Hamid Ali Mirza is the new Chief Election Commission
- Arab League Sectary General is Amr Moosa.
- Commander of ISAF forces in Afghanistan is General Stan Mc
- Operation Rah-e-Nijad conducted in South Waziristan on June
- Operation Rah-e-Rast began in Sawat in May 2009.
- NAM Chairman is President Hussni Mubark of Egypt.
- ICC chief is Haroon Lorgat of South Africa.
- First East Timore President is Jose Gusmao.
- The American Taliban captured in Afghanistan is John Walker
- President of Palestine is Mehmood Abbas.
- RAW chief is K.C Verma.
- Foreign Minister of UK is David Miliband.
- FIFA President is Joseph Sepp Blatter.
- Prime Minister of Australia is Kavin Rid.
- US Secretary of Defence is Robert Gates.
- Secretary General of SAARC is Sheel Kant Sharma.
- OPEC chief is Abdullah Salem al-Badri.
- NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
- Next Olympics will be held in London in 2012.
- Next Hockey World Cup will be held in India in 2010.
- Next World Cup of Cricket will be held in India, Sri Lanka and
Bangladesh in 2011.
- Next Football World Cup is to be held in South Africa in 2010.
- Burj Khalifa — The Tallest Building in the World has 162
stories, 828 meters or 2,717 feet in height and was
constructed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, inaugurated on
4th Jan: 2010.
- NRO was promulgated on Oct 5 2007 and has 7
- Baluchistan Package was announced in joint Sitting of
Parliment on 24th November.
- Pakistan lift World T20 Cup, beat Sri Lanka by 8 wkts
on 21 June 2009.
- When Kerry lugar bill was passed?
Thursday, Sept 24, 2009.
For more Notes click here.