Intelligence bureau exam is considered one of the most difficult in the country. But once you get selected, you get to enjoy this prestigious post which entails a great career in the Intelligence department. But it is easier said than done. Strategies mentioned below will help you to prepare for this Intelligence bureau test
Bureau test has 3 levels of stages
The first stage is tier 1 preliminary test consist of four different sections 100 multiple choice questions in an hour.
Four sections and each section has twenty-five MCQ’s
i. General questions
ii. Quantitative questions
iii. Analytical ability
iv. English language
Every correct MCQ is of 1 mark and on the wrong answer will result in the deduction of -0.25 marks.
The candidates that passes will able to take the tier 2
Stage 2 is the main exam it is also a discriminative written test and consist of two sections of 20 marks. The allowed time is one hour one hour.
The sections are:
i. Translation of passage of 500 words from local language/dialect to English and vice versa
Stage 3 is an interview or personality test
Tips for passing these stages
- This exam can be tricky so in order to solve the intelligence bureau test you should be
- Consistent with regular studies
- Attain the good speed
Before preparation just write down your strong, average and weak areas so you that you know how much time you need to give to which particular areas.
Preparation for General Knowledge.
- Read newspaper and books regularly and gather the latest information
- Major historical events
- Solve general knowledge quizzes, previous year papers
- Major missiles and defense ships names.
- Major government schemes
- Policies, current affairs, wars, and important organizations
Quantitative aptitude section can be a little problematic so you should cover the followings
- Understand the question carefully and avoid rushing solving the problems
- Number system and series
- Attempt quantitative quizzes
- Permutation and commutative
These questions will consume more time than the others so you should be comfortable with these type of questions the reasoning question will be easiest in this section and important topics for this section are these
- Use smart tricks, quick and short methods for solving the problems
- Classification of alphabets, number, number series, coding and decoding, Venn diagrams, blood relations, verbal reasoning
- Reasoning section needs the most time to practice
- In reasoning question analysis is very crucial before finding a result for the question.
Preparation tips for English. English is SSC standard, to pass this section you should be good with versed and with basic grammar rules, verb formulates based on subject, tenses, form and where they and you should also familiar with these as well.
- Learn 10 new words per day
- Basic grammar
- Jumbled sentences
- Error spotting
- Phrase replacement
- Phrases and idiom’s meaning
- Cloze test
- Attempt mock test to practice and also to analyze what is your performance of the day so you get to know which sections need more time
Suggested tricks while preparation
- Be organized
- Refurbish pr
- Manage time schedule
- Go offline while studying
Although these things do not guarantee success, they will definitely help in the preparation. Not just in this exams, these tips can be applied to any test or exam. Explore other ideas that might also work for you. Put your all efforts and hope for the best!
For guidelines on other recruitment tests click here.
For more guidance on Intelligence Bureau Test, you may ask our experts in our question answers section here.