With advancements in technology and the digital world, many people have started to pursue their careers in the computer fields. So, it is becoming difficult for IT professionals to keep up with the latest services and find the jobs they deserve. Therefore, the CompTIA A+ certification has helped many entry-level computer service professionals excel in their careers by passing the CompTIA A+ test. This exam is highly respected compared to other certifications and makes a good impression whenever an IT professional is looking for a job.
Therefore, many companies want their employees to be CompTIA A+ certified.
Many IT professionals who are new to the industry find it challenging to pass this test. Even IT professionals need to prepare for the test to pass it.
If you want to pass the CompTIA A+ test, an effective studying strategy can help you achieve your goals on the first try.
Also Read: Is CompTIA A+ worth it?
Things you need to know about the CompTIA A+ Study Guide
Just because the test is difficult doesn’t mean that you cannot pass it. We have prepared a complete CompTIA A+ study guide with some useful tips that will help you qualify for the exam.
Study the right material:
IT certifications and courses are costly and time-consuming. Therefore, it is crucial for you to clear the test in the first exam. It will save your money as well as your time, and you would start your career sooner.
Also Read: How much does CompTIA A+ certification cost?
However, to pass the test on the first attempt, the first most important thing is to invest in the right study materials. You can find many courses and CompTIA A+ study guides online, but we cannot confirm their transparency. Therefore, look for material that is affiliated with the CompTIA. Although it might be expensive, it can help you pass the test on the first try.
Also Read: Is the CompTIA A+ exam hard?
Build up a computer or set up a network:
Building up a computer to prepare for the exam might feel daunting, but it is a good way to practice for it. If you have extra time, this step can help you gain in-depth knowledge about the software and hardware, as practical experience remains in mind longer than learning the theory.
If you can’t set up a network or build a computer, finding a virtual lab can help solve your problem.
Practice test questions and CompTIA A+ study guides:
Practice makes a man perfect. Solving practice test questions provide a clear understanding of which aspects of the test you are fully prepared for. It also guides you about time management and how much time you should give to each portion.
Secondly, you can find many CompTIA A+ study guides online, which will help you prepare for each portion step by step. When you follow the study guide and then attempt the practice questions, it helps you understand the actual exam criteria and makes you well prepared for it.
Understand the exam objectives from the CompTIA A+ study guide:
A CompTIA A+ study guide is beneficial to provide a step-by-step guide to solving the questions and preparing for the test. You can either get a good study guide online or personalize one yourself according to your preference.
You can also find the exam objectives and the eligibility criteria for each test on CompTIA’s official website. They will allow you to cover the required topics and learn the concepts you need regarding each topic. As CompTIA regularly updates its exam objectives, it is better to visit the site more often to stay updated.
Also Read: How does CompTIA A+ Exam work?
Know the multiple-choice tricks:
The multiple-choice tricks are always a handy tool whenever you get stuck into a question. It would be best to always solve the questions you understand well and are confident that your answer is right. If you are confused about an answer, skip it for the time and solve it at the end. This technique can help you understand the question properly.
Also, managing your time during the test is essential. You can find many online videos regarding multiple-choice tricks and time management. They are a lot helpful for those giving the test for the first time.
Also Read: What is CompTIA A+ certification good for?
The Best Books for CompTIA A+ Study
If you want an all-in-one CompTIA A+ study guide, the following books will help you prepare for the exam. Many IT professionals recommend these books as they have helped people clear their exams on the first attempt.
The author of this book is Mike Meyers. This book is ideal for all beginners and intermediate audiences. It is one of the best-selling CompTIA A+ study guides, which covers all aspects of the core 1 and core 2 exams in a single book.
- Overall, it is one of the best study guides to pass the CompTIA A+ exam.
- The information is to the point.
- The author has explained everything in a fun manner, which keeps you awake while studying the book for long hours.
- At the end of the chapter, you get a quick check, which helps you revise all the things you read.
Also Read: Will CompTIA A+ get me the job?
- The book also contains some extra information.
- It does not include a CD with the pdf version like the previous edition.
This CompTIA A+ certification book contains in-depth information related to the exam. The practice tests and CompTIA A+ study guides help beginners get the information of 9 books in one. The three authors are also professionals in IT and computers.
- The book contains detailed yet accurate information regarding the syllabus of the test.
- It covers different portions of the IT field, which helps all professionals and beginners understand the aspects easily.
- The CompTIA A+ study guide is also easy to understand.
- The book is large and contains loads of information.
- The several practice tests in the book help you to prepare for the exam.
- It lacks some information on newer technology.
- The quality of pictures inside the book is not good.
This CompTIA A+ study guide is highly recommended for beginners as it covers all the critical information you need to pass the exam. It also covers all exam objectives and gives a detailed explanation of all the correct and incorrect answers.
- The book also comes with a code, which provides access to the pdf version.
- The testing software is also really helpful for the exam.
- The several practice questions are enough for getting an awesome idea about the exam structure.
- All the information is exact, and the book does not contain any fluff.
- This CompTIA A+ study guide is best for beginners.
Also Read: Top jobs for CompTIA A+ certified
- You might need an online resource along with this book.
- The book needs a little more breakdown.
The author of this book is Jeff T. Parker. He has combined several practice tests, additional questions, and a helpful CompTIA A+ study guide for those giving the test for the first time. It covers all the exam objectives and gives a detailed understanding of every aspect.
- The book contains 1200 questions in total, which are enough to prepare for the test.
- The practice questions are difficult to solve, and they prepare you well for the actual test.
- The book is laid out in a logical format.
- It explains the questions very well and also describes why something is the best answer.
- The concepts in this book are very close to what is required in the real exam.
- Some explanations in the book are difficult to understand.
- It might have a few mistakes.
The authors of this CompTIA A+ study guide are James Pengelly and Pam Taylor. The authors have explained all the skills that will help you pass the exam on the first attempt. The detailed explanation helps beginners gain exceptional knowledge.
- The book has separate sections that help you gain in-depth knowledge of every aspect.
- It covers all the basic concepts, which are helpful for beginners and professionals.
- All the information in this book is super-easy to understand.
- The book is lengthy.
- It isn’t in color.
The CompTIA A+ test might seem hard on the first try, but a perfect learning strategy and study guide can save your time from attempting the test multiple times. The books mentioned above are highly beneficial if you want good study material and have less time to prepare for the test.
However, we also recommend using some online video lectures as they will help you better understand all aspects of the test.