Every field of study requires you to pass specific exams and get certifications that prove your ability in the related field. Similarly, IT professionals have to give the CompTIA A+ test to show their competence in the modern and continuously advancing world. In this article, you will get to discover all the essential aspects of the CompTIA A+ test and come to know about some resources and books for the CompTIA A+ practice test that will help you prepare better for the exam and qualify on the first try.
If you are an IT professional and cannot decide whether to give the CompTIA A+ exam or not, this guide is for you!
You should also check out our Complete CompTIA A+ Study Guide
Is the CompTIA A+ worth it?
The CompTIA A+ exam is definitely worth the value if you want to pursue your career in the IT field and make progress in less time.
It proves your credibility
As every professional should have a certification that proves his credibility, the CompTIA A+ certification will help you demonstrate your skills when applying for a new job related to your field.
That is the only reason that more than 1 million people have already got their CompTIA A+ certification after qualifying for the test.
CompTIA helps you get better jobs
As the industry lacks many skilled and professional IT employees, different companies are struggling to hire employees with the desired skills.
In this case, many entry-level IT professionals face difficulty while getting the right job. They either have to wait for several years or work on low-salary jobs, which is not good at all!
CompTIA A+ certification has helped many IT professionals build a strong profile and get the desired jobs faster than others who don’t have the certificate.
As winning your first job is the most challenging task, CompTIA A+ certification will put your job application ahead of the other people for the interview while allowing you to get better jobs.
Also Read: What is CompTIA A+ certification good for?
You learn better skills
Preparing for the CompTIA A+ exam might feel difficult to some people, but the process will help you learn better skills and excel in your career.
While you are an entry-level IT professional, these skills will make you stand beside a professional employee. Thus, these skills will convince the interviewer that you are the perfect fit for the job position.
Also Read: How much does CompTIA A+ certification cost?
Is the CompTIA A+ exam hard?
According to many students, the CompTIA A+ exam is hard, just like other professional licensure exams.
However, whether it feels difficult to you or not depends on your abilities and how well you prepare for the exam.
If you don’t have a proper study schedule and the right study materials, the test will seem tough, and you won’t be able to qualify for it.
But, what is the reason that the CompTIA A+ exam seems difficult to some test-takers and easy to others?
If you feel difficult too, here are the main reasons.
Also Read: Will CompTIA A+ get me the job?
What happens if you don’t solve the CompTIA A+ practice test?
Practice tests are the key to qualifying for any exam. If you only study from the textbook or syllabus but don’t perform practice tests, you won’t be able to determine your potential.
Thus, practice tests are an essential tool that helps you identify your weak points and improve them when you have time left before the exam.
Exams like CompTIA A+ especially require students to solve practice tests to succeed. If you don’t have the right practice tests in your hand, don’t worry!
You can choose one from our recommended books below.
CompTIA A+ exam requires memorization
The major portion of the CompTIA A+ exam is based on what you have memorized in the preparation phase. The rest consists of technical knowledge.
As the CompTIA A+ exam is basically for IT professionals, many students think that more technical knowledge will qualify them for the test.
There is no other way of keeping these items in mind instead of memorizing them. However, most of this memorizing portion might not be used for reference when you get a job. That is why many students overlook them while preparing for the CompTIA A+ exam.
Nevertheless, you will have to memorize the portion to qualify for the test, regardless of its use later.
Also Read: Top jobs for CompTIA A+ certified
CompTIA requires more knowledge
If you look at the exam objectives of the CompTIA A+ exam, you will see that it requires a lot of knowledge, and you have to prepare many more things. Even college professors don’t cover all those aspects that you need to prepare for the CompTIA A+ exam.
This is the main reason that students usually feel it difficult. When you don’t have the right grip over the subject, you cannot pass the test.
So, the best way to solve this problem is to consider solving practice tests, use online resources, and consistently study so that you are prepared for the test ahead of time.
Also Read: How does CompTIA A+ Exam work?
What are the top websites/forums for the CompTIA A+ practice test?
Now, let’s discuss some of the best resources to help you while preparing for the CompTIA A+ exam.
YouTube is one of the best platforms acknowledged by several students who passed the CompTIA A+ exam. When you cannot understand a topic in the written form, the best way is to take online oral lectures.
You can find several videos of professors who clearly explain the given topic, helping you understand better.
When giving the CompTIA A+ exam for the first time, you first need to head on to the CompTIA website to know about the exact syllabus and exam objectives.
The website contains several CompTIA A+ practice exams that will help you study better with the right material.
Whatis.com is a free online certification guide that contains many CompTIA A+ practice tests along with their detailed answers.
If you don’t want to buy books for the CompTIA A+ practice test, these will also do the job.
Examcompass.com is also a free online resource that covers four CompTIA A+ exams and contains more than 20 practice tests for them.
Recommended books for CompTIA A+ practice tests
Buying a book that contains all the practice tests for the CompTIA A+ exam is also a good idea. If you are looking for such a book, our recommended books will help you.
The author of this book is Quentin Docter. Here is my review of this book:
- The topics of the book have very simple and straightforward explanations, even in difficult areas.
- The questions and answers in the practice exams are useful.
- They directly address what will be asked in the paper and thus are quite similar to the actual exam.
- It explains the structure of the questions clearly so that you don’t face difficulty in the test.
- These practice tests go very well with the other study guides for the CompTIA A+ exam.
- The format of the book is impressive and allows you to work at your own pace.
- As it covers the exam objectives perfectly, it allows the students to develop their own practice strategy.
- The questions do not provide in-depth knowledge related to the topic.
- You might need to pair it with another resource.
The author of this premium edition of the CompTIA A+ practice test is David Prowse.
- This Exam Cram book contains all the information you need to pass the exam.
- Many of the practice test questions are the same as what appears in the actual CompTIA A+ exam.
- It contains several practice exams, and you get a better grip on every subject after solving these tests.
- The book is well-written and straightforward.
- The practice questions help you understand your areas of weakness.
- The book also gives you access to ask the author questions, which is a bonus.
- It has loads of information at a reasonable price.
- This book alone is not enough to pass the CompTIA A+ exam.
- Although the description mentions providing online practice tests, the software does not contain any of them.
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Tenth Edition (Exams 220-1001 & 220-1002) Kindle Edition CompTIA A+ Practice Test
The CompTIA A+ certification exam guide by Mike Meyers is regarded as the best book for preparing for the CompTIA A+ exam.
- The book is informative and covers almost all topics for the CompTIA A+ exam.
- The short practice questions at the end of each chapter help you understand your weak points, so you can quickly revise them.
- The book is well-written, and the writer has used a lot of humor, which helps you stay awake while studying.
- It contains so many helpful practice questions.
- Most of the practice tests are similar to the actual exam.
- It has some minor errors.
- The PDF version is not included.
Taking and passing the CompTIA A+ exam will help you excel in your career with better skills. If you are confused about whether to give the test, don’t hesitate to give it.
Out exam tips and recommended sources and books will help you prepare for the exam in a much shorter time so that you can pursue your career.