Outline of Essay on Co-Education in Pakistan Merits and Demerits
2- Brief history
3- Coeducation in Pakistan
- Present scenario
- 2 schools of thought
- Coeducational conundrum
- Our vulnerable youth
- The venom of pornography & unethical movies in our society
4- Co-education in Islam
5- Halsted’s outline of Muslim arguments against mixed-sex schooling:
- Sex segregation is not unnatural
- Promotion of mutual understanding between both sexes with limits of Islam is the responsibility of parents not schools
- Inhibits girl’s social & academic educational achievements.
- The significance lies in the teacher-student relationship.
- Identical treatment of both sexes is not necessary for the principle of equality
6- Demerits of Co-education
- Low concentration & woolgathering
- Sex trading for a favor (proof: a case study)
- Promotes immodesty & seedy relationships
- Not suitable for subjects like Biology, sex education, gender studies.
- Impedes girl’s extracurricular activities like sports, music, etc.
- Presence of sex difference in brains (recent research)
7- Girls get less attention; acquire less confidence (NEA REPORT)
8- Boys get less help, proves less cooperative (NEA: REPORT)
9- Encourages stereotypical roles of both sexes
7- Merits of Co-education
- Promotes cooperation, toleration, & mutual understanding between both sexes
- Controlled environment
- Encourages balanced personality development & future survival
- Gives rise to an educated society with the openness of mind & heart
8- Present requirement of Pakistan: coeducation as the need of the hour
- From the Islamic viewpoint
- University-level youth
- Media & parents
For complete sample essays click here.
Recommended Readings for improving your essay writing:
- Some Useful Tips for Writing a Great Essay
- How to Crack English Essay CSS/PCS
- How to make an essay outline? with examples
- How to write an Introduction in an Essay?
- How to Improve Vocabulary for English Essay?
- How to write a Paragraph in an Essay?
- Components of an Essay
- Techniques and Skills for Essay Writing