How to start swimming for fitness? Read a detailed answer in our today’s guide.
Have you ever noticed the swimmers? Aren’t they amazingly toned and have perfect figures? So, if you are planning to shed pounds, shape up yourself or make your body the fittest one, Swimming is undoubtedly the best thing you should start soon.
It is a healthy, fun, and less strenuous workout for all age groups regardless of experience. We cannot do harder exercises as we grow old, so Swimming is an ideal activity for the physical fitness routine even in old age.
- SMART DISPLAY built right into the goggle lens. See swim metrics and workout instructions without obstructing your vision.
- ENDLESSLY MOTIVATING GUIDED WORKOUTS: Unlock your best swim with in-goggle workout instructions, progress updates, and metrics. Browse our ever-growing workout library to find one that matches your mood, skill level and schedule. *Membership Required
- FREE 30-DAY TRIAL of the FORM membership in the FORM Swim App. After your free trial, get your first year for only $24.99 USD (for a limited time).
- FORM SWIM APP for iPhone and Android: Review your metrics after you, customize the goggles, share your swim, and sync workouts to other popular fitness apps.
- PREMIUM DESIGN: Chemical-resistant anti-fog, replaceable silicone eye seals, custom nose bridge sizes, and adjustable silicone strap. Waterproof up to 32 feet (10 meters). 16 hours of battery life. 1-year limited warranty. Case and charging cable included.
- Use built-in GPS to see your pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs, rides, hikes and more and see a workout intensity map in the app that shows your heart rate changes along your route
- With Active Zone Minutes, feel a buzz when you reach your target heart rate zones during exercise, and celebrate when you earn extra minutes outside of exercise
- Use 24x7 heart rate to track resting heart rate & better measure calorie burn. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth LE and internet connection. Syncs with Mac OS X 12.2 and up, iPhone 5S and later, iPad 5 gen. and later, Android 7.0 and later
- See your SpO2 nightly average and range on wrist, and view trends over the past week in the Fitbit app (SpO2 is not available in all markets. The SpO2 feature is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition or for any other medical purpose)
- Track your skin temperature each night to see how it varies from your personal baseline (Not available in all markets. Only available in the Fitbit app and only displays variation. Not intended for medical purposes)
How to start swimming for fitness?
Let us have a look over a detailed guide about how to start swimming for fitness.
Get prepared for swimming with your swimsuit, goggles, and head caps. Start with short intervals and increase the time limits gradually. Just remember, the time you swim is more important than its speed and distance covered.
If you are swimming for the first time, try to do it two to three times a week and follow these steps.
- First, warm up your body for at least 10 minutes to get it ready for Swimming.
- For the first week, start to swim for 30 to 45 seconds and then rest for the next 30 seconds. Repeat this pattern ten times.
- Next week, Increase the swim time up to one to two minutes and decrease the rest time to 20 seconds, repeating the pattern ten times.
- Until the end of the month, keep increasing the swim time and reach up to 15 to 20 minutes with two to three rest laps of 60 to 90 seconds. Try a fast and slower lap alternatively and cover the distance of 1000 to 1200 meters per session by the end of a month.
Also Read: Best Swimming Earplugs to try out in 2021
Advanced Training to start swimming for fitness
When you are capable of doing beginners’ training with ease, then level up your Swimming. Let’s learn how to start swimming for fitness at an advanced level by following techniques.
- Try to swim for 45 minutes to one hour for every session.
- Try freestyle and backstroke swimming alternatively.
- Challenge yourself by increasing the distance of each lap and lessening the swim time for it.
- Have a goal to cover a distance of up to 3000 meters per swimming session.
- Add pulling and kicking drills, sprint sets, and ladder sets to have a harder swim workout.
- Try to compete with other swimmers to boost up your swimming skills.
- Try joining swimming clubs and taking advice from expert swimmers to become a pro at this amazing skill.
Also Read: Best Red One piece Swimsuit to wear in 2021
Breathing during Swimming
Try to breathe bilaterally while swimming. Never your whole head to breathe. It will drop your legs and hips, and you will sink in the water. Always move your body on one side, either left or right, and take a breath. Take tips from pro swimmers to master breathing skills.
Also read: Best swimming suits for babies
After reading the complete guide about how to start swimming for fitness, you must know that if you swim for 2 miles several times a week, you will get a toned figure and perfect fitness in a few months. Just be consistent with your routine to not get out of shape. This great activity also helps control your weight, build up muscles, and reduce the risks of heart diseases and diabetes by maintaining your cardiorespiratory fitness. Mix and match some other physical exercises to not get bored of only Swimming and enjoy a perfect and healthy life ahead.
Hope you have learned a lot from these details about how to start swimming for fitness purposes. Don’t forget to give your feedback.