- Discipline comes from “disciple”, a learner or follower of a teacher and it means properly training. A disciple puts himself under a teacher to be trainedand taught.
- The very essence of discipline is obedience.
- The methods of such training are patient instruction, good example, and when necessary punishment.
- When men wish to act together in societies or companies, they have to agree upon certain rules of conduct; and the enforcementof obedience to such rules is called discipline.
- There is also self-discipline the hardest task of all.
- “He thatrules this spirit is greater than he thattakes piety.”
For complete sample essays click here.