How to start swimming for fitness? Read a detailed answer in our today’s guide.
Have you ever noticed the swimmers? Aren’t they amazingly toned and have perfect figures? So, if you are planning to shed pounds, shape up yourself or make your body the fittest one, Swimming is undoubtedly the best thing you should start soon.
It is a healthy, fun, and less strenuous workout for all age groups regardless of experience. We cannot do harder exercises as we grow old, so Swimming is an ideal activity for the physical fitness routine even in old age.
- ♥【2021 New Generation Fitness Tracker】- Comparing to other trackers, YAMAY GT Band has great upgrade: 1. The watch screen can be seen clearly in the sun & support full-touch control. 2. The watch face is customized. 3. Built-in Alexa brings more convenience to your life. 4. More practical tools are added, like Music controller, Weather display, Alarm, Stopwatch, Timer, Breath Training, Drinking water Reminder, Walk-around Reminder, etc, let it be an intelligent assistant in your daily life.
- ♥【Heart Rate, Stress & Blood Oxygen Monitor】- YAMAY GT Band activity tracker will track your real-time heart rate automatically and measure your blood oxygen saturation to help you understand your physical state. You can also check your personal stress level (relaxed, normal, medium or high) anytime especially when you feel pressured or nervous.
- ♥【All-day Activity Tracking and 14 Sport modes】- YAMAY GT Band allows you to accurately track steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned all-day. It tracks up to 14 sports modes, such as running, cycling, hiking, yoga, swimming, etc,. When the watch is connected to your smart phones through the VeryFit app, you can also view the GPS routes and distance travelled in the app.
- ♥【Amazon Alexa Built-In】- Get all the benefits of Amazon Alexa on your wrist! You can now use Alexa to get access to news and information via voice commands, easily view the weather, set the alarm clocks, control smart home devices and more all through your voice. Compatibility: The related app (VeryFit) is compatible with most iOS 9.0 & Android 4.4 above smartphones(Not for PC, Tablet or Samsung J3)
- ♥【Smart Notifications & IP68 Waterproof】- Check your phone’s messages and all kinds of notifications directly on your wrist. With silent vibration reminder, you won't miss the things that matter and won’t disturb others. You can also see incoming calls and are able to reject them if needed (*Note: Can't reply message or make calls). This tracker is IP68 waterproof standard, you can wear it when washing hands, running in the rain or swimming.
- ♥【Smart watch for Android Phones Samsung iPhone】- Compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4 above smartphones. Download and install Free "VeryFitPro" APP, bind this smartwatch in your cell phone,you can receive alerts of calendar, SMS, incoming calls and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and more) on this watch;It will never let you miss any important things.
- ♥【Accurate Fitness Tracker】- Supports 9 sports such as Walking, running, bicycle , Hike, Mountaineering, Dynamic cycling, fitness, treadmill, Yoga. Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, miles walked, active minutes. Can track all your workout routes, distances, and physical status during exercise. Stay motivated all day!
- ♥【24/7 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Tracker】- Automatically monitor your real-time heart rate, and provide comprehensive analysis of your sleep quality (deep sleep,light sleep and wake up time) to help you develop a healthier lifestyle.
- ♥【Waterproof Fitness Watch & Long-Lasting Battery】- Willful smart watches is designed with IP68 waterproof rating,which allows you to swim in the pool with it with no worries(NOTICE:It can not track your swimming data). Large capacity and low power consumption design offers longer endurance.It support 7 days of normal use and 30 days standby time
- ♥【More Practical Tools & App Details】- Willful smart watch also features with many practical tools,such as alarm clocks,stopwatch,timer,deep breather guide,music controller,sedentary reminder,adjustable brightness,find phone.The APP's name is VeryFitPro,which works with Android 4. 4 or iOS 8. 0 and above,Bluetooth 4. 0 and above smartphones only, not for pc or tablet.
How to start swimming for fitness?
Let us have a look over a detailed guide about how to start swimming for fitness.
Get prepared for swimming with your swimsuit, goggles, and head caps. Start with short intervals and increase the time limits gradually. Just remember, the time you swim is more important than its speed and distance covered.
If you are swimming for the first time, try to do it two to three times a week and follow these steps.
- First, warm up your body for at least 10 minutes to get it ready for Swimming.
- For the first week, start to swim for 30 to 45 seconds and then rest for the next 30 seconds. Repeat this pattern ten times.
- Next week, Increase the swim time up to one to two minutes and decrease the rest time to 20 seconds, repeating the pattern ten times.
- Until the end of the month, keep increasing the swim time and reach up to 15 to 20 minutes with two to three rest laps of 60 to 90 seconds. Try a fast and slower lap alternatively and cover the distance of 1000 to 1200 meters per session by the end of a month.
Also Read: Best Swimming Earplugs to try out in 2021
Advanced Training to start swimming for fitness
When you are capable of doing beginners’ training with ease, then level up your Swimming. Let’s learn how to start swimming for fitness at an advanced level by following techniques.
- Try to swim for 45 minutes to one hour for every session.
- Try freestyle and backstroke swimming alternatively.
- Challenge yourself by increasing the distance of each lap and lessening the swim time for it.
- Have a goal to cover a distance of up to 3000 meters per swimming session.
- Add pulling and kicking drills, sprint sets, and ladder sets to have a harder swim workout.
- Try to compete with other swimmers to boost up your swimming skills.
- Try joining swimming clubs and taking advice from expert swimmers to become a pro at this amazing skill.
Also Read: Best Red One piece Swimsuit to wear in 2021
Breathing during Swimming
Try to breathe bilaterally while swimming. Never your whole head to breathe. It will drop your legs and hips, and you will sink in the water. Always move your body on one side, either left or right, and take a breath. Take tips from pro swimmers to master breathing skills.
Also read: Best swimming suits for babies
After reading the complete guide about how to start swimming for fitness, you must know that if you swim for 2 miles several times a week, you will get a toned figure and perfect fitness in a few months. Just be consistent with your routine to not get out of shape. This great activity also helps control your weight, build up muscles, and reduce the risks of heart diseases and diabetes by maintaining your cardiorespiratory fitness. Mix and match some other physical exercises to not get bored of only Swimming and enjoy a perfect and healthy life ahead.
Hope you have learned a lot from these details about how to start swimming for fitness purposes. Don’t forget to give your feedback.