Following are a few tips that will help you to clean earbuds and AirPods. However, you can also use these cleaning methods for your small electronic devices.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why do you need to Clean Earbuds?
- 2 Things you need to clean your earbuds
- 3 When do you need to clean your Earbuds?
- 4 How to Clean Earbuds?
- 5 Conclusion
Why do you need to Clean Earbuds?
Earbuds should be cleaned after some time to experience a better sound and for long-lasting usage of the device. If your earbuds can clean after some time, they can reduce the risk of damage to your ears. There are easy ways to clean earbuds that you can follow to protect your health and endure your earbuds. Cleaning is best for experiencing the best sound and also enhancing the earbud’s life.
Things you need to clean your earbuds
Following are some ways that you can use for cleaning the earbuds:
Earbuds Cleaning tools:
These cleaning tools are designed especially for earbuds. Earbuds cleaning kit mostly consists of soft products like soft brushes, soft fiber or thread brushes, excellent cleaning swabs, cleaning spray bottles, anti-static cleaning wipes, etc. Our recommendation is that you should try out one of these kits:
- Separated Dual Head Design: Hagibis 3-in-1 earphone cleaning kit with Flocking Sponge, High-density Brush and Metal Pen Tip, dual head hidden design to meet a variety of cleaning needs
- Flocking Sponge: Delicate and soft flocking sponge can clean the dust in the wireless charging case of the earphone
- High-density Brush: Easily clean the dirt on the sound outlet hole of the earphone and other parts
- Metal Pen Tip: Metal pen tip can clean the stubborn dust, thoroughly clean the gap
- Embedded Handle: Hold the top of the flocking sponge and pull it down while rotating. We don't want to omit even small details, and the products are more exquisite
- 【NEW TECHNOLOGY】 Are you still using dirty headphones? Are you still using those bulky cleaning tools? Our cleaning tool is a pen to clean the entire set of Bluetooth earplugs, from the small hole of the earplug to the charging compartment, 360-degree cleaning without dead ends, making your earplugs more durable.
- 【SAFETY MATERIALS】Made of environmentally friendly soft materials, it will not damage the earplug components and holes.
- 【3-IN-1 DESIGN】The cleaning pen adopts a separate double-head hidden design to meet a variety of cleaning needs. The metal tip of the cleaning pen is like a pen tip, which can clean the small parts and holes of the earplugs for deep cleaning of crevices and stubborn dirt. There is a soft microfiber brush above the pen tip, which can deeply clean the tiny parts and holes of the earplugs. At the other end of the pen is a soft and lightweight brush that can clean the charging compartment.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】Pen-shaped design, it is lightweight and easy to carry. It can be used anytime and anywhere. Suitable for Bluetooth earbuds, headsets, mobile phone, computer, tablet, camera and other digital products.
- 【OUR SERVICES】For anyone wearing headphones, this is the best accessory and gift. Help clean hard-to-reach areas or any other corners. If you are not satisfied with the product, our promises to return and exchange the goods for you.
Silica Gel Pack:
Silica gel is the small chemical balls packed in small packets. Silica gel packs have the quality to absorb moisture, so these packs are used in the packaging of many products for safety from moisture.
- ✅ [ Fine Crystals < 1mm ] - Flower drying DIY craft purpose small beaded silica gels with dust treatment, to avoid physical impacts on petals, and more healthy. Please wear mask & gloves when operating if required.
- ✅ [ Color Indicating ] - Contains orange beads, when the orange changed to dark green, indicates the silica gels in saturation.
- ✅ [ Reusable ] - Reactivate the silica gels by microwave or oven, when dark green beads back to orange, reuse as new.
- ✅ [ Double Layer Package ] - Ensure the product will arrive to you with good performance.
- ✅ [ Non-toxic ] - Unlike blue silica gels, Wisedry orange silica gels are Cocl2-free.
- [Warranty Information] Our products are supported with new replacement or full refund with no time limits if they don’t work. [Packet Specification] (Packet dimension: 2 inch x 2 ¾ inch); 5 gram desiccant packets can cover approximately 600 cubic inch volume containers; We recommend placing more packets than recommended for extra protection.
- [How To Use] Place your items and silica gel packets in a tightly sealed container to protect your items from moisture damage; Use silica gel packs to protect Foods, Medications, Vitamins, Seeds, Nuts, Snacks, Cookies, Spices, Pet Foods, 3D Filaments, Guns, Ammos, Canister, Collectables, Jewelry, Documents, Camera Lens, Clothes, Cosmetics, Books, Bags, Decorations, Wet phones, Cameras, Watches, Electronics, Shoes, and Many Other Valuables
- [Food Grade] white silica gel beads Only; These packets do not contain indicating beads and will not change color when they are saturated; Our Packet Material was Tested under Strict Regulation for Food Specifications
- [Ultimate Moisture Absorption and Reactivation] Packet material is high quality coated paper for "Ultimate Moisture Absorption and Heat Resistance for Reuse" (Place in the Oven for 0.5 to 2 hours at 200 to 250F or Microwave for About 7 to 12 Minutes at Defrost Mode)
- [Special Thickness] Silica gel packs are stored in a Resealable Self-Standing Bag for Easy Storage and Use (Newly designed air tight sealing and sturdy bag for moisture control); Packet Material is Specially made in South Korea
Alcohol is a good cleaning agent because you can easily remove greasy material with it easily. Rubbing alcohol on the earbuds can clean them and make them germ-free.
There are many sprays available in the market that you can use for cleaning any electric device like WD40 is one of the examples of electronic device washing sprays.
When do you need to clean your Earbuds?
There is no rule for cleaning your earbuds after a fixed time, it depends upon usage and the climate in which it is used. Your earbuds may get dirty within a week if you use them daily several times, so after ten days, you should clean your earbuds. For example, If you are living in an urban area or near the desert where dust is in high quantity, it may become dirty soon.
By the way, cleaning earbuds can help you, it is beneficial for you. It can help your earbuds to and enhance their lifetime, it doesn’t get damaged early if you use it on a daily basis.
How to Clean Earbuds?
Before the cleaning process, you should power off your device. Set at a proper place with things that are used for cleaning. There are some basic procedures for cleaning earbuds that you can follow.
Clean your earbuds from Inside and Outside:
You should clean your earbuds from the outside as well as from the inside. Do not use alcohol for cleaning from outside because it removes the color of the earbuds and damages your earbuds. Try to use a light wet cloth just to clean its body. First of all, you need to remove ear tips and then clean them carefully, even a single drop of water could not be allowed inside the earbuds, this can damage your device.
After cleaning from the outside, you should clean it from the inside. Use a cleaning kit for opening your earbuds and try not to force open them, it may break. Use brushes and cleaning swabs for washing it from inside. You can also use cleaning spray for this purpose but always remember not to use these materials over paint.
Additionally, you have to wash ear tips or change the ear tips that depend upon you.
Also, Clean earbuds Charging Case:
You should also clean your charging case and use soft brushes to clean the charging port. Try not to apply force while cleaning its charging port because it may damage or turn wires. For washing the charging case internally, you can use cleaning spray.
Need to Wipe Down your Earbuds After Workout:
As your earbuds are an electronic device, and moisture is the enemy of electronics. So while or after the gym, your body starts sweating, so protect your earbuds from it before charging. Do not allow the moisture to enter into the earbuds. This can allow your earbuds to be safe from moisture.
You can use silica gel packs to keep in your gym bags or any bags in that portion where you keep your earbuds.
Store Safely your Earbuds for Long Lasting Cleaning
Everyone is busy in their life, so it is difficult to spare time for cleaning it, again and again, to try to store it in safe places where it cannot be subjected to dirt.
Store in Bags: There are many cases or bags available in the markets to protect the earbuds. These bags or cases are made up of silicon cases which are also waterproof.
Store in Boxes: You can also use custom boxes to pack your earbuds safe, this will offer you to design your box according to yourself so you can print or design it according to your need.
Avoid storing them in High and Low Temperatures: The earbuds are small electronic devices, so try to take them away from high and low temperatures because it can damage the earbuds.
Use Protective Materials to Avoid Damages:
You can use different types of protective materials, for example, you can use PVC foams and use thermocol balls for the safety and protection of earbuds.
Do Not Over Charge:
Try to remember your earbuds after plugging charging, if your earbuds get overcharge, it decreases their battery lifetime. It will decrease its battery health slowly and continuously.
You have to clean your earbuds with precaution it will help in experiencing better sound and save it for a long time. Overall the procedures are discussed, and if you follow it will be better for you.
Last update on 2022-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API