Following are a few tips that will help you to clean earbuds and AirPods. However, you can also use these cleaning methods for your small electronic devices.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why do you need to Clean Earbuds?
- 2 Things you need to clean your earbuds
- 3 When do you need to clean your Earbuds?
- 4 How to Clean Earbuds?
- 5 Conclusion
Why do you need to Clean Earbuds?
Earbuds should be cleaned after some time to experience a better sound and for long-lasting usage of the device. If your earbuds can clean after some time, they can reduce the risk of damage to your ears. There are easy ways to clean earbuds that you can follow to protect your health and endure your earbuds. Cleaning is best for experiencing the best sound and also enhancing the earbud’s life.
Things you need to clean your earbuds
Following are some ways that you can use for cleaning the earbuds:
Earbuds Cleaning tools:
These cleaning tools are designed especially for earbuds. Earbuds cleaning kit mostly consists of soft products like soft brushes, soft fiber or thread brushes, excellent cleaning swabs, cleaning spray bottles, anti-static cleaning wipes, etc. Our recommendation is that you should try out one of these kits:
- Multi-functional Hearing Aid CleaningTools: It is suitable for hearing aids, earphones, Airpods, ear molds, earplugs and other difficult to solve problems such as earwax accumulation, sound tube clogging, and battery dust. The magnet on the brush head is very easy to remove and insert the hearing aid battery, and can also be used to adjust the hearing aid volume And maintenance.
- Various styles：We have a total of 7 different cleaning brushes, enough quantity for your family to use in daily life
- Reusable: Our hearing aid cleaning brush is made of soft and lightweight nylon material, durable and reusable material, easy to clean, it will not scratch or damage the hearing aid during use, you can use it with confidence
- Easy to carry: equipped with a tool box, you can carry these hearing aid accessories for cleaning at any time, which is the key to good maintenance of hearing aids, avoiding frequent maintenance or replacement.
- Service Guarantee: We offer 30-day money-back service for any quality issues. Any dissatisfaction with the purchase within that period will be responded with a refund or a replacement. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any question.
- Anti-static Design:no more dealing with static and fuzz that clings; Unlike other cleaning tools that leave fuzz behind and attract lint, nylon brushes and foam kits thoroughly clean your ports without leaving fibers behind or building any static charge.
- Complete and sufficient phone cleaning set: the cleaning kit comes with 44 pieces of items, 40 pieces of foam kits, 4 pieces of nylon brushes.Complete and sufficient for your repeated usage.
- Practical nylon brushes: help your ports get to remain clean much longer; Use the phone cleaning brush to clean your laptop's keyboard and remove debris from the ports, clean the sensitive components of your printer or camera, and detail electronics with a touch of safety.
- Durable Material:The kits can absorb and removes dust, oil smudges, fingerprints, and dirt; The great design cleaning tools which are economized labor and help clean with hard to reach areas or any other hygienic dead corners.
- Wide Applications:the phone cleaning kit can not only be applied to your cell phone, but also clean other devices' component like laptop's keys, printer, camera and electronics with safety.
Silica Gel Pack:
Silica gel is the small chemical balls packed in small packets. Silica gel packs have the quality to absorb moisture, so these packs are used in the packaging of many products for safety from moisture.
- ✅ [ Fine Crystals < 1mm ] - Flower drying DIY craft purpose small beaded silica gels with dust treatment, to avoid physical impacts on petals, and more healthy. Please wear mask & gloves when operating if required.
- ✅ [ Color Indicating ] - Contains orange beads, when the orange changed to dark green, indicates the silica gels in saturation.
- ✅ [ Reusable ] - Reactivate the silica gels by microwave or oven, when dark green beads back to orange, reuse as new.
- ✅ [ Double Layer Package ] - Ensure the product will arrive to you with good performance.
- ✅ [ Non-toxic ] - Unlike blue silica gels, Wisedry orange silica gels are Cocl2-free.
- Silica Gel Beads Size: 2-4 mm; These are not the fine powder type for drying flowers; Do not use them for drying flowers; You can place the beads inside organza bags, muslin bags, or any other breathable bags; Replacement desiccant for air dryers and compressors
- Indicating Blue silica gel beads will change to Pink when 50-60% absorbed with moisture; Still almost half more capacity is left to absorb moisture even after color change; Blue Beads contain less than 0.3% Cobalt Chloride which may pose health risk if ingested in large quantities; Do not use for food or medication
- Beads can be Reactivated by Placing in the Oven for 0.5 to 2 hours at 200 to 250F Or Microwave for 10 Minutes at Defrost Mode; Don't use over 250F in the Oven; Depending on the beads' condition, they may take shorter than the recommended time; Please check the beads' color periodically
- Beads are stored in an Air-Tight Sealed Container for Long-term Preservation and Protection; Handle in the jug for easy carry and pour; Packaging jugs are made in the USA
- [Warranty Information] Our products are supported with new replacement or full refund with no time limits if they don’t work
Alcohol is a good cleaning agent because you can easily remove greasy material with it easily. Rubbing alcohol on the earbuds can clean them and make them germ-free.
There are many sprays available in the market that you can use for cleaning any electric device like WD40 is one of the examples of electronic device washing sprays.
When do you need to clean your Earbuds?
There is no rule for cleaning your earbuds after a fixed time, it depends upon usage and the climate in which it is used. Your earbuds may get dirty within a week if you use them daily several times, so after ten days, you should clean your earbuds. For example, If you are living in an urban area or near the desert where dust is in high quantity, it may become dirty soon.
By the way, cleaning earbuds can help you, it is beneficial for you. It can help your earbuds to and enhance their lifetime, it doesn’t get damaged early if you use it on a daily basis.
How to Clean Earbuds?
Before the cleaning process, you should power off your device. Set at a proper place with things that are used for cleaning. There are some basic procedures for cleaning earbuds that you can follow.
Clean your earbuds from Inside and Outside:
You should clean your earbuds from the outside as well as from the inside. Do not use alcohol for cleaning from outside because it removes the color of the earbuds and damages your earbuds. Try to use a light wet cloth just to clean its body. First of all, you need to remove ear tips and then clean them carefully, even a single drop of water could not be allowed inside the earbuds, this can damage your device.
After cleaning from the outside, you should clean it from the inside. Use a cleaning kit for opening your earbuds and try not to force open them, it may break. Use brushes and cleaning swabs for washing it from inside. You can also use cleaning spray for this purpose but always remember not to use these materials over paint.
Additionally, you have to wash ear tips or change the ear tips that depend upon you.
Also, Clean earbuds Charging Case:
You should also clean your charging case and use soft brushes to clean the charging port. Try not to apply force while cleaning its charging port because it may damage or turn wires. For washing the charging case internally, you can use cleaning spray.
Need to Wipe Down your Earbuds After Workout:
As your earbuds are an electronic device, and moisture is the enemy of electronics. So while or after the gym, your body starts sweating, so protect your earbuds from it before charging. Do not allow the moisture to enter into the earbuds. This can allow your earbuds to be safe from moisture.
You can use silica gel packs to keep in your gym bags or any bags in that portion where you keep your earbuds.
Store Safely your Earbuds for Long Lasting Cleaning
Everyone is busy in their life, so it is difficult to spare time for cleaning it, again and again, to try to store it in safe places where it cannot be subjected to dirt.
Store in Bags: There are many cases or bags available in the markets to protect the earbuds. These bags or cases are made up of silicon cases which are also waterproof.
Store in Boxes: You can also use custom boxes to pack your earbuds safe, this will offer you to design your box according to yourself so you can print or design it according to your need.
Avoid storing them in High and Low Temperatures: The earbuds are small electronic devices, so try to take them away from high and low temperatures because it can damage the earbuds.
Use Protective Materials to Avoid Damages:
You can use different types of protective materials, for example, you can use PVC foams and use thermocol balls for the safety and protection of earbuds.
Do Not Over Charge:
Try to remember your earbuds after plugging charging, if your earbuds get overcharge, it decreases their battery lifetime. It will decrease its battery health slowly and continuously.
You have to clean your earbuds with precaution it will help in experiencing better sound and save it for a long time. Overall the procedures are discussed, and if you follow it will be better for you.
Last update on 2021-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API