Many IT professionals understand and respect the importance of the CompTIA A+ exam for getting your desired job. However, those new to this field sometimes neglect its importance and don’t give the test. If we look at the CompTIA A+ exam according to the scope of jobs, we won’t hesitate to give the exam and qualify for it.
If you are an entry-level IT professional and want to know what to do next for getting better jobs, giving the CompTIA A+ exam is definitely the best choice. In this article, you will find all the necessary information regarding the CompTIA A+ exam and get some tips for preparing for the test.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is A+ certification good for?
- 2 How much does CompTIA A+ certification cost?
- 3 Will CompTIA A+ get me the jobs?
- 4 Should I get A+ or Network+? Which is better for CompTIA A+ Jobs?
- 5 Top jobs for CompTIA A+ certified
- 6 Best books for CompTIA A+ certification
- 7 Conclusion
What is A+ certification good for?
Winning better CompTIA A+ jobs
The CompTIA A+ certification helps many entry-level IT professionals who want to continue their careers by winning better jobs.
Many fresh IT graduates face difficulty getting a job. Even if they have the potential, they fail in the interview process. When there are so many IT professionals in the market, every company wants to choose the best one with the most skills.
CompTIA A+ certification will put you ahead of other entry-level IT professionals, as you will have more knowledge and skills.
Also Read: Is CompTIA A+ worth it?
Enhancing your skills
The exam also covers several topics and areas which most professors don’t even consider teaching. In this way, you get to know about many other skills that will help you during the job interview and while working in the office.
Various jobs for CompTIA A+ Certified
If you want to continue your career in software technology, computer hardware, laptops, and PC, the CompTIA A+ certification is the best way to progress.
It also gives you an in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity skills and networking. Thus, you will be eligible for various job positions after getting the CompTIA A+ certification.
Also Read: How does CompTIA A+ Exam work?
How much does CompTIA A+ certification cost?
The cost of the CompTIA A+ certification varies, depending on many factors like the country, situations, and options you have.
In general, you need to pass two exams to certify. The voucher for each exam costs around $232. Thus, you will need $464 to pass the exams and get the CompTIA A+ certification.
Besides, you will need to spend extra money on preparing for the test. It includes online resources, books, practice exams, labs, and exam preparation software.
These resources and books cost extra money for the preparation, which increases the cost of certification.
Luckily, we can find many free online resources. If you have a self-study habit, it will also save most of your money as you will only need to buy some books for the study guide and practice tests.
Also Read: Is the CompTIA A+ exam hard?
Also, you can find several programs that help you qualify for the test for free, depending on your abilities and where you live.
These free programs are based on two categories: non-profit charitable programs and government-sponsored programs. They offer free or nearly-free CompTIA A+ certifications to the following groups:
- Displaced workers
- Unemployed individuals
- Ethnic minorities
- Military veterans
CompTIA also provides student discounts to people living in the USA and having a valid email address. Thus, you can benefit from several different options available if you cannot pay the voucher fee.
It will always be the best idea to study hard and pass the test on the first attempt because you will need to purchase another voucher for the second attempt.
Will CompTIA A+ get me the jobs?
CompTIA A+ certification is the best way to progress in your career and get a better job than those who don’t have this certification.
Many students who passed the CompTIA A+ exam tell that it helped them get better job opportunities.
CompTIA A+ certification puts entry-level technicians at the same level as those having six months of experience in the field.
It helps you build a strong profile and will place your job application on top of all others. So, you will get better job opportunities, and your skills will help you excel in your career instead of staying in the same position your whole life.
Besides giving better job opportunities, it also gives you the chance to develop other skills. So, you will become eligible for different jobs within the IT field.
Should I get A+ or Network+? Which is better for CompTIA A+ Jobs?
Whether you get A+ or Network+ depends on your choice and your career goals. Both the certifications are highly valued and have their own pros and cons. So, let’s study them in detail so you can figure out what’s best for you.
CompTIA A+ certification and jobs
The CompTIA A+ certification is the best choice for people who have little or no knowledge of computers. The study process and questions in the exam primarily test the basic understanding of the student about computers.
CompTIA A+ certification helps you get a computer-repairing job, installing software, and a help-desk job position in the case of employment. These are usually low-paid jobs and considered ideal for entry-level IT technicians.
So, if you like resolving computer-related issues and want to have a basic understanding of computers, the CompTIA A+ certification is the best.
CompTIA Network+ certification and jobs
CompTIA Network+ certification is easier than the A+ exam. Although CompTIA’s website recommends students give the A+ exam and then opt for Network+, it isn’t necessary.
Many students skip the A+ certification and get the Network+ certification due to the easier test and better job opportunities.
However, it requires you to have a basic understanding of networking and a strong knowledge of computers to pass this test.
Although Network+ is also an entry-level certification, it is valued more than A+ certification. It gives you the chance of getting better and highly-paid jobs in networking and cybersecurity.
So, you can choose any one of them, depending on your interests and knowledge. You can also give both the exams to open doors for more skills and job opportunities.
Top jobs for CompTIA A+ certified
CompTIA A+ certifications offer several job opportunities to entry-level IT specialists. Some of them are:
- Help desk technician
- Data support technician
- Field service technician
- End-user computing technician
- Desktop support administrator
- System support specialist
- Associate network engineer
- Technical support specialist
- Software installing
- Repairing computers and hardware
Best books for CompTIA A+ certification
Here are some of the recommended books for CompTIA A+ study that will help you pass the test and get better jobs.
The author of this book is Quentin Docter, who has compiled an all-in-one kit for students giving the exams for the first time.
- The book comes with a code that offers you 10% off while buying the voucher for the test.
- The book is well-written and explains everything to the point.
- It is super-easy to read for those with very little knowledge of computers.
- It contains several tests to help you determine your skills.
- The study guide helps a lot in passing the test.
- As the book has in-depth detail, you cover all aspects of the test.
- The review guide in the bundle isn’t the best.
- It has some inaccuracies.
The CompTIA Network+ book by Mike Meyers is the best book for anyone who wants the CompTIA Network+ certification.
- The book has a very well-written format and explains everything related to general knowledge.
- It is best for those who have little or no knowledge of networking.
- The format of the book is fantastic.
- Several practice tests help you prepare better.
- The author has explained some easy-to-learn correlations on all topics.
- All the material in the book is sufficient for passing the exam.
- The exam tips help you a lot while preparing and attempting the CompTIA A+ test.
- Although you can pass the test with the book, it lacks some information.
The CompTIA A+ certification book for dummies is highly recommended for students with little or no knowledge about computers.
- This book has helped many students pass the CompTIA A+ test.
- It contains a lot of useful information about tech and computers.
- All the information is to the point, without any fluff.
- The author has explained everything clearly, which makes it easy to understand the book.
- It also contains several practice questions.
- The book also contains some unnecessary information.
- It lacks some of the newer technology.
Many IT professionals have made great careers due to their right decision of preparing and giving the CompTIA A+ exam.
Our complete guide will also help you understand how essential the CompTIA A+ test is to get better job opportunities and make your job application stand out.
The only thing you need for this is the right study material and consistent effort. So, our recommended books will help you prepare for the test even if you have less time left.