Few sentiments are as uncomfortable as putting a dry foot in a warm, cold boot. Wearing wet boots or shoes leads to many issues, such as nasty blisters, excessive dead skin that flakes off, or an especially nasty foot odor, and so on. A shoe dryer helps you in a case like that. Now, we no longer have to deal with this wet shoe issue.
Manufacturers have partnered with research and development experts to create socks and boots that help tackle trench foot, and luckily, boot dryers are now available that can dry your footwear very quickly. So, before you need to wear them again, they are comfortably dry.
An electronic system that blows hot air through your shoes to dry them efficiently is a shoe dryer. For those who frequently set foot outside during cold conditions or rains, this appliance may be quite useful.
The best boot dryers have the ability to quickly dry your snow boots and other shoes so that your boots and shoes will be dry and ready when you’re ready to go out again.
Table of Contents
- 1 Things you should know about buying a Shoe Dryer
- 2 Top 7 Best Shoe Dryers
- 2.1 DryGuy Force Dry Boot Dryer, Shoe Dryer, and Glove Dryer with Articulating Ports for Ski Boots
- 2.2 MaxxDry Heavy Duty Boot, Shoe, and Glove Heavy Dryer
- 2.3 KOODER Boot Dryer
- 2.4 DryGuy Travel Dry DX Boot Dryer and Shoe Dryer
- 2.5 OdorStop Boot and Shoe Dryer and Deodorizer with Heat and High Output Fan
- 2.6 Dr Prepare Boot Dryer Shoe Dryer
- 2.7 IRIS USA, Inc.DSDR-C1 Compact Deodorizing Shoe and Boot Dryer
- 3 Conclusion
Things you should know about buying a Shoe Dryer
Type of Shoe Dryer
Some shoe dryers operate more quickly than others, although more portability is provided by the slower options. Different styles of dryers exist.
- Shoe dryers with convection and forced hot air:
These dryers take air from the room, heat it, extract moisture, and then let it get into the boots.
- Dryers with positive temperature coefficients:
These dryers match inside and heat your boots from the inside out. They have temperature controllers that prevent them from getting too hot.
- UV-based Dryer:
These dryers use Ultraviolet light to dry the boots and also kill bacteria to avoid ugly odors.
- Products based on silica gel and propane-operated dryers:
They tend to be rather slow, but they are attractive for camping and adventure due to their simple transport and use.
The capacity of the Dryer:
Shoe dryers have different capacities for performing their actions. Many boot dryers can handle only one pair at a time, but with the ability to dry two pairs at once, there are plenty.
Use of heat by the dryers:
There is an option, by many boot dryers, to choose between drying with or without heat. So, you can select one of the ways to dry your shoes.
Time for Drying:
Some dryers are slower, such as Silica gel and Positive Temperature Coefficient models. They can even take 12 hours to perform their operation. Alternatively, some dryers are fast, such as forced hot air dryers. In just three hours, they will dry the shoes.
There are a lot of shoe dryers with distinct features out there. For your guidance and help, we have picked up the best shoe dryer that you can buy to dry out your wet shoes.
Top 7 Best Shoe Dryers
This dryer features spinning and redefining ports to handle heavy gears that lay flat. It claims to operate safely and efficiently in 1-2 hours, not only for the ski boot but also for shoes, gloves, and boots. It utilizes gentle forced air and 105-degree heat to remove moisture quickly. It helps in avoiding odors and limit footwear disintegration over time.
- It’s like a heater for your shoes.
- They have rotating, flexible drying ports for ski boots.
- It removes bacteria and demolishes the smell.
- It does not affect the shoe’s fabric.
- It works with heavy ski boots.
- It has a yearly warranty.
- It may not be suitable for voltage points of all types.
- It could cause damage to the fuse
This dryer claims to operate on two pairs of boots or shoes simultaneously and features 16-inch removable extension tubes for those who wear taller boots. It has a three-hour timer that is usually adequate to dry all of your accessories and is safe for boots, shoes, linens, and clothes.
- Dry most things in 1 hour or so;
- Secure for shoes, skirts, and boots
- It helps to remove odors and to decrease bacteria and mold formation.
- Fluted dry ports are available that enhance the airflow and optimize its performance.
- It can take longer to dry certain pieces of clothing.
- Actually, it doesn’t push a lot of air as expected.
- For dripping snow, it needs a mat below it.
KOODER Boot DryerThis advanced dryer not only claims to dry the shoes but also leaves them warm. To allow an all-round heating effect, it contains blow-holes vertically and horizontally. It functions as a dehumidifier and holds moisture away from the shoe.
- It consists of a strong cable that is durable and convenient.
- It dries the wet boots out, eliminates the bad smell, and sanitizes the shoes.
- It consists of blowholes that allow continuous drying to take place.
- To avoid overheating, it has an accurate, optimal temperature maintenance system.
- With heat-resistant properties, its surfaces are made safe.
- Drying shoes that are too damp might take longer to dry.
- It does not have a fan.
- The cords are not secured very well and tend to remove from the dryer.
It claims to have a hybrid system that in less time dries boots and shoes. Its integrated fan draws fresh air over the thermal heating components, venting hot air across the toe box and eliminating any moisture. It has an AC/DC capacity adapter that also makes it travel friendly.
- In carry-on luggage, the lightweight style easily packs
- it is travel friendly.
- Fits in most kinds of shoes
- Does not damage brittle materials
- It helps avoid odor-causing bacteria, fungi, and mildew, which ultimately contributes to material degradation.
- It can take longer to dry some objects.
- Often the link between the 2 components falls loose.
- Packing it up is clumsy.
It claims to be a deodorizer that kills bacteria, fungi, etc. that cause odor. It regulates automatically with a three-hour lock-in shut down. For comfort, it also features extended ventilation tubes.
- Two pairs of shoes dry at a time,
- Possess technology for high-power performance
- It functions as a shoe dehumidifier, dries out the shoes, and destroys both germs and bacteria.
- Comes with a Three Year Warranty
- Possess extension tubes to match all forms of shoe styles
- Might give away an unpleasant scent
- It takes time for the heater to get hot. So, you have to run it in order to dry items for a long time.
- Its fan produces a noisy sound.
It claims to be an easy-to-use, foldable gadget that serves as a glove dryer and a boot dryer as well. The moisture, dampness, sweat, and odor are easily removed from your footwear and gear.
A heater and a blower are available for fast drying and comfortable heating. It also claims to follow an innovative elevated technique to dry your shoes without using any chemicals.
- Acts as an effective heater.
- Eliminates all manner of odors and bacteria
- Maintains the levels of heat and removes moisture
- Dries the shoes in some time, and also prevents overheating.
- Suitable for all materials in shoes
- Foldable and friendly for traveling
- Sometimes the timer may not work as expected.
- It needs a composition of better quality.
In just 30 minutes, this dryer claims to dry even damp sneakers. It has three heat settings and options for timers of up to 120 minutes. For easier access to shoes, the extendable hoses reach out to fit into tall boots, and the kickstand flips out to keep the product at an angle. The notches on the ends of the hose allow two pairs of shoes to dry at a time.
- It offers drying and heating easily and efficiently.
- Removes moisture and bacteria of all kinds
- Keep your shoes clean
- Auto-adjusting temperature sensors are available to help regulate the temperature.
- It’s not effective for all styles of shoes.
- It’s a bit loud.
- It creates a tiny amount of heat.
- Between the three fan operation modes, there is a very small distinction.
- It does not completely eliminate the odor.
You can get fungus on your feet by walking in slightly damp shoes. Therefore, a dryer makes your shoes absolutely clean and safe to use and protects your feet from bacteria and fungi.
An electric dryer would not hurt your boots or shoes. By putting them close to a heating system, one may damage the shoe materials. All dryers use the flow of hot or cold air, which cannot harm the shoes’ leather.
A shoe dryer dries your shoes extremely quickly. Also, one hour is often enough to clear all the unnecessary moisture and germs from the boots.
Given above is the review of some famous shoe dryers that you can buy, according to your need and budget.