If you are entering any teacher preparation program, you must know how vital the Praxis test is. The Praxis test is valued in more than 40 states and is considered in thousands of colleges and universities. This test is essential in highlighting the necessary skills regarding reading, writing, and mathematics. No matter how hard the test is, a Praxis study guide and solving several Praxis practice tests can help you qualify it.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is the Praxis test important?
- 2 Things you need to know about Praxis Study Guide and Praxis Practice Tests
- 3 Best Books for Praxis Study
- 3.1 Praxis Core For Dummies, with Online Practice Tests (For Dummies Series) 1st Edition:
- 3.2 Praxis II Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (5001) Exam Secrets Study Guide: Praxis II Test Review for the Praxis II: Subject Assessments:
- 3.3 Praxis Prep:
- 3.4 The School Psychologist’s Guide for the Praxis Exam (Book + Free App):
- 3.5 Praxis Core Study Guide 2020-2021: Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Test Prep with Reading, Writing, and Mathematics Practice Questions (Praxis 5713, 5723, 5733):
- 4 Conclusion:
Is the Praxis test important?
Passing the Praxis test is essential to enter a teaching program in many states of America. It determines the candidate’s ability and skills and determines whether or not he is eligible to teach other students.
So, whether or not the Praxis test is required in your state, giving the exam and qualifying it makes you eligible for the teaching program of your choice. It provides the institutions an explicit knowledge that you have qualified all the skills necessary for teaching. In this way, it increases your chances of getting a higher job in colleges and universities. That too, with a good salary.
Things you need to know about Praxis Study Guide and Praxis Practice Tests
If you want to pass the Praxis test and have less time to study, the following tips will help you develop a beneficial strategy and achieve your goals.
Read the syllabus:
First of all, you should know what the test covers. You can never qualify for the test without knowing about the kind of questions it has. Therefore, it is essential to overview the syllabus and determine what type of questions appear and from which portions.
Consider Praxis study guides:
You can find many Praxis study guides online. The platforms provide free guides and video lectures to cover all aspects of the test and give you in-depth knowledge of the questions that appear in the exam.
So, the study guides help prepare you for the test with their step-by-step guides, which becomes easier to understand.
Study according to your plan:
A study plan helps you organize your time and stick to your work. If you have a separate time daily for studying, the chances are that you will focus more on the aspects you need to learn. It will also increase your interest. So, a well-structured study plan helps you reach your goals according to the schedule without putting you into a hassle at the end.
Perform Praxis practice tests:
We all know that practice makes a man perfect. Many Praxis practice tests are available online, which help you understand your weak areas and work on them. It is better to solve as many Praxis practice tests as possible. It allows you to gain more knowledge about the kind of questions. Besides, these tests have a proper time, which helps you in time management during the exam.
Have confidence in yourself:
After you have understood all Praxis study guides and performed well in Praxis practice tests, you should be confident about your preparation. However, following a proper study schedule and covering all areas is not the only tool in achieving success. You should also be confident and control your nerves during the test.
Having a good night’s sleep and waking up fresh will help you stay focused during the test. It is also a good idea to reach the place early and eat something prior to the test to keep yourself focused.
All these strategies will help you prepare for the test in a short time and help you qualify as well.
Best Books for Praxis Study
You can find many books that specifically help you in preparing for the Praxis test. They include many study guides and Praxis practice tests in one. In this way, you won’t have to collect extra study materials and waste your time gathering information that won’t help you.
So, we have reviewed the top 5 best books for Praxis study for your convenience.
The author of this book is Carla Kirkland, the CEO of a famous educational consulting firm. The book contains a detailed and step-by-step guide for those unfamiliar with preparing the Praxis test and its study guide.
The book provides information on the registration process and contains many math problems essential for the Praxis test.
After reading this book, the readers get a complete guide, and the different sections in the book match perfectly with what comes in the test.
- The math portion in the book helps cover essential topics that come in the test.
- The grammar rules and essay tips are beneficial.
- It has three Praxis practice tests.
- The reading portion is harder than the actual test.
Praxis II Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (5001) Exam Secrets Study Guide: Praxis II Test Review for the Praxis II: Subject Assessments:
The Praxis II Elementary Education book is a handy tool for preparing for the Praxis test. The study guide has helped many people succeed on the first try in their Praxis test. It explains the time traps in the test and helps readers manage their time during the time to solve all questions with ease.
The book also contains links to some Youtube videos, which help readers gain in-depth knowledge. The practice tests are helpful but difficult. It clears up all the concepts and enables you to revise some important things.
The book also covers all sections, which prevent readers from using different resources for help.
- The math section covers all fundamental concepts related to the exam.
- The Praxis practice tests are more than enough.
- The video lectures also help clear the concepts.
- The study guide in this book is easy to follow and understand.
- The book also contains some extra information that is not related to the test.
- The practice questions are very hard.
The Praxis Prep book is one of the most helpful books for people who are giving the test for the first time and have less time to study. The author is professional and has helped many students achieve their goals.
This book has more focus on the secondary education tests and provides in-depth knowledge on all the aspects. It has Praxis test practice questions, which are extremely helpful.
The book’s math portion breaks down into different parts, which provides a clear understanding of every question. Similarly, the practice test and Praxis study guide are helpful.
- The book reviews the test format and provides strategies to help answer the questions in the given time.
- It has several Praxis practice tests, which are beneficial in preparing for the test.
- The study guide has the right sequence that helps learn quickly.
- The math portion lacks some crucial formulas for the test.
- Some of the Praxis practice tests are much harder than the actual test.
The School’s Psychologist Guide for the Praxis Exam is also a helpful book written by a psychologist. The book provides a complete Praxis study guide and helps those unfamiliar with the types of questions. The best part is that the author discusses every possible way the examiner could ask the questions. Then, he also tells what kind of answer they want for each question.
As the author is a psychologist, the readers feel confident after completing the book. Its detailed study guide and different resources help the students to gather the required information for the test.
One thing we like is the free app you can access along with the book.
- The Praxis practice tests were much similar to the actual Praxis test.
- The format of the book is easy-to-read with clear descriptions.
- The study guide is useful, and it covers all the essential topics regarding the test.
- It contains a few wrong answers to the practice tests.
- You cannot wholly rely on this book to pass the test.
Praxis Core Study Guide 2020-2021: Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Test Prep with Reading, Writing, and Mathematics Practice Questions (Praxis 5713, 5723, 5733):
The Core Praxis Study Guide 2020-2021 is a helpful book for the Praxis exam. This study guide contains detailed information and a step-by-step guide to solving the questions in the exam.
The different practice tests in the book help people gain in-depth knowledge about the exam. Besides, the step-by-step study guide covers all aspects of the exam. The book contains information for all portions, including reading, writing, and math.
- The essay part of the test is helpful.
- The practice tests are the same level as the actual test.
- It gives an excellent overview of all the elements of the test.
- The book contains fewer examples.
- The study guide is okay.
The Praxis test is not difficult for those who follow a complete study guide and perform several Praxis practice tests. The recommended books are easy to understand for those giving the test for the first time. So, if you have less time to study, the books will help you.