Designer Purses and handbags are among the most essential things to carry with yourself and look more classy. Buying a Leather handbag is one of the easiest things but keeping it clean is not that simple. Most of the bags and purses are made of leather. As we know, leather is skin from different types of animals, and it needs its own kind of skincare products to be protected from stain.
As people invest a lot of money in buying designer brands so they must be careful to keep handbags useful for a long time. So, how do you keep your leather purses clean without ruining their fabric? Let’s have a look below;
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Clean a Leather Purse
- 2 Things to consider while cleaning a leather purse:
- 3 Best Products to help you in cleaning a leather purse
- 3.1 Premium Water Repellent & Stain Protector Waterproofing Spray to Clean Leather Purse
- 3.2 Leather & Textile Cleaning Brush, Durable Soft Nylon Bristles
- 3.3 Leather Handbags Cleaner
- 3.4 Leather Repair Kit to Clean Leather Purse
- 3.5 Aged Leather Pros Leather Waterproof to Clean Leather Purse
- 3.6 Valentino Garemi Luxury Leather Care Kit
- 4 Conclusion
How to Clean a Leather Purse
Handbags can be cleaned at home monthly or depend on you when you want to clean up. Following are some steps you can use to clean a leather purse quickly at home:
- Empty your leather purse, pull everything out of it, turn your bag down, and shake it. This makes your bag free of dust and debris.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to rub the stained area but don’t let it soak.
- Apply some cleaning solution spray, or you can make your own by mixing a few drops of soap and water on a soft cloth.
- Wipe the stained area again with a soft cloth until the stain gets rid off from your purse.
- In the end, use a dry cloth to wipe out soap residue or moisture on the purse.
- Let your bag dry for at least 30minutes in front of cold air. This will less damage the leather purse than hot air and maintain the leather integrity for the long term.
- Apply leather moisturizer after it gets dry. Use moisturizer in a circular motion.
- Buff leather purse with a dry cloth to restore its texture and shine
Handbags can be clean with a soft, bristle brush. Steps are the following:
- A suede brush cleaning kit can also use to clean your handbags. You can use a toothbrush or manicure brush as well for cleaning your purse.
- Gently brush affected areas of the purse in the same direction. Do not go back and forth
- Brushing can help losing dirt fibers
- The second time you can go back and forth to remove dust from the purse. You will see your wallet sheds off dirt fibers.
- Buff the affected area with a towel or any other hot water.
How to remove liquid stain from handbags? Liquid colors on a bag are the most common issue for all of us. There are some steps to get rid of these issues
- Keep your designer bags away from the salon as dye splash can stain on them very quickly
- If you got a liquid stain accidentally, you have to start blotting the stained area as soon as possible with dry cloth or tissue
- Use warm water after removing excess liquid from the purse
- Never rub the stained area; rubbing may cause stain spreading
- Let your bag dry in cold air. Do not apply heat directly to your leather purse. Dry air may damage your purse’s leather skin.
Also Read: Top 8 Best Rolling Briefcases for lawyers
Things to consider while cleaning a leather purse:
- Vinegar, baby wipes, and other cleaning products should be avoided by applying leather purse; these products may damage leather.
- Avoid carrying your leather bag just after applying hand lotion because hand lotion can stick on leather and cause stain on your purse
- Old stains need professional care. Don’t try to remove them with yours
- Do not let your leather handbags in sunlight. It can fade away the color of your purse.
Best Products to help you in cleaning a leather purse
Now that you have learned all the hacks on how to clean a leather purse at home. Let’s move ahead. We are living in a modern era where everything needs to be done quickly. Almost every brand is working day and night to provide their customer’s ease. There are many unique and incredible products available in the stores that can save you time and give your leather purse a stain-free and shiny look.
If you wanted to know those life-changing products, then keep reading.
- Premium water repellent and stain protector waterproofing spray create an invisible layer of protection.
- It protects your leather purse from water, stain, dirt, and so on.
- You can also use this product to clean your footwear.
- It keeps your feet dry and creates a barrier through your footwear that water cannot be passed.
- It is easy to apply and safe for all materials like suede, leather, nubuck, nylon, polyester, synthetics, and canvas.
- This protector has tiny particles that do not affect breathability.
- It also makes your accessories live a long, happy life.
- This product is highly recommended by all customers because it is made in the U.S.A
- Leather and textile cleaning brush have bristles that always stay in the bush.
- This leather brush removes dirt and grime without harming your interior surfaces of the leather bag.
- This product contains high-quality material, and it perfectly cleans leather seats and upholstery.
- It is very comfortable to use and has a concave design that makes the brush more comfortable to hold and move.
- It can quickly clean, polish leather surfaces, and significantly easier to clean all the small corners.
- You can use this multifunctional application for your upholstery, seats, cockpit, bed, shoes, sofa, furniture, coats, gloves, cloths, bag, handbag, sheets, car interior.
- You can also use this product for cleaning Alcantara and other textile materials as long as used gently.
- Lexol Leather cleaner gives your handbags a new appearance by lifting all dirt and oil.
- You can safely renew and revive your leather goods from this cleaner.
- It can protect handbags and leather seats from damage and discoloration.
- Lexol leather cleaner is perfect for cleaning leather handbags, shoes, car interiors, and jackets.
- This product is straightforward to use.
- Some people may get discoloration on their bag by using this product, but the overall rating is justified.
- The leather repair kit is used for various purposes.
- You can use this product for couches.
- It works perfectly in refurbishing armrests. And protect leather upholstery from deformity, recoloring, and unsightly scratches.
- You can also use a leather repair kit for car seats so they can be protected.
- You can also use this product as leather filler on your couch to shield them from direct sunlight exposure.
- It’s a light brown leather restorer balm that works best in protecting vinyl repair kit for leather, jackets, boots, boat seats, purses, and belts.
- Using this product for the couch? Use leather restorer because it works much better than brown leather tape.
- With this product, you can easily clean your car seats, boots, and furniture without worrying about leather patches and scratches.
- Aged leather pros leather waterproof has an invisible layer of protection.
- It defends against water, dirt, and stains from oils, wine, winter salt, soda, and much more.
- Because aged leather pros waterproofer is silicon-free and all-natural, it helps your leather goods look their best.
- Aged leather pros waterproofer has it all-natural plant-based ingredient and does not affect your skin.
- This product ensures to give your suede, nubuck, felt, fabric, or genuine leather gear years of a happy life.
- It includes your hats, coats, footwear, tack, jackets, gloves, furniture, luggage, car upholstery, boat seats, saddles.
- Aged leather pros waterproofer is highly recommended by the consumer.
- Valentino garemi luxury leather care kit is strategically combined to create the perfect set.
- It has impressive cleaning and conditioning capabilities. This set of Valentino garemi products specially created by Italian artisans by using the highest quality material.
- This product is manufactured with ethically sourced items.
- It delivers stunning results to luxurious leather and is presented in (5 by 7) size. This case contains all essential nourishing and cleaning products.
- Use their four high-end products in their specified order solely on leather garments such as watch straps, purses, handbags, shoes, furniture, belts, and wallet for ultimate leather cleaning and conditioning results.
Getting the dirt on your designer bag (that is very close to your heart) is one of the most immense heartaches every girl had faced once in their lifetime. The other big concern is how to get rid of that stain? Horrifying. Right?
However, there are many ways by which you can free your leather purse from dirt and stain at home. But if you want to get a more professional, extra shiny, and healthy-looking leather purse. We highly recommend purchasing these abovementioned leather cleaner products and following our guide on how to clean a leather purse. They all are a unique and perfect fit for every individual’s requirements.
I hope this guide will help you to easily clean your leather purse.