Green tea is the beverage of choice for many for hundreds of years. Whether you are a green tea lover or not, you’ll agree with the fact that the realm of highest rated green tea contains an irrefutable charm.
Green tea is well known for its range of gentle flavors along with numerous health benefits. It even contains polyphenols, an antioxidant that helps fighting cancer. From reducing inflammation to improving digestion, green tea plays a role in keeping you healthy and fit.
Besides its health benefits, if you are into culinary arts, green tea allows you to experiment with different foods such as cakes, ice-creams, and more.
If you are planning to add green tea to your routine and do not know which one to pick, this article is for you. We have compiled a list of the highest-rated green tea options available so you can decide which one is for you. You will also learn how to prepare green tea to get the best flavor.
Table of Contents
- 1 Highest Rated Green Tea Options to Try in 2020
- 2 How to Pick the Best Green Tea
- 3 Conclusion
What is Green Tea?
Green tea is extracted from a tea plant, Camellia sinensis. Just like other tea plants, different green teas vary depending upon the cultivation conditions, methods adopted for harvesting, and processing.
Green tea has a diverse range of flavors, neutral to sweet. The primary flavors include savory, fruity, spicy, floral, and vegetal. The highest-rated green tea will be a perfect mixture of texture, appearance, and aroma.
When you try a specific green tea option, observe what effect it has on you. Green tea varies in relaxing and stimulating attributes depending upon the caffeine content. Certified organic green tea is more likely to give you the best tea experience.
How to Prepare Green Tea for the Best Experience
Green tea is a suitable option if you want to experience new taste sensations. However, there are some common mistakes you might make while preparing your green tea that reduces its flavor and experience:
- Preparing it in exceedingly high temperatures
- Soaking the loose leaf tea for long periods
- Using average-quality green tea bags expecting it to provide high-quality
When preparing your green tea, exceeding temperature or unnecessary steeping will give you a bitter flavor. You can attain the right heat levels by boiling the water, then transferring it to the teapot. We recommend you to rest the hot water for a few minutes before you add the loose tea leaves to it. A high-quality green tea, if prepared with precision, will never give a bitter taste.
For better quality and taste, steep your tea leaf into the water for no more than three minutes with water temperature ranging between 145 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Keeping an instant digital probe thermometer will help you measure the water temperature easily.
For the best tea experience, we recommend you to try loose tea leaves instead of green tea bags. The tea bags usually contain processed tea. The small tea bags restrict the complete development of flavor by reducing the steeping of leaves during the tea brewing process.
Highest Rated Green Tea Options to Try in 2020
After trying and tasting we have shortlisted the highest rated green tea options for you. We’ll tell you why we picked each one of them so you can decide which green tea option you want to go with.
The Jasmine Green tea Bags is one of the high-quality green tea options out there in the market at present. It contains green teas which provide you the perfect aroma and taste. This tea was able to give us a fine tea experience with its relaxing effect and aroma.
- Extracted from organic green tea leaves having an excellent blend with original jasmine flowers for aroma
- The jasmine aroma gives it an amazing floral taste.
- It is a fresh flavored tea
- The multiple flavors allow you to pick your favorite
- The new packaging cannot maintain the quality of the tea leaves
The jasmine green tea gave us a fine experience in taste and smell. We recommend it for your home and office tea cravings. The new box packaging, however, needs some Improvement. Overall it is a good green tea option to pick
The Bigelow Green tea was up to our expectations concerning quality and taste. We added it to our list of highest rated green tea options for its charming flavor and perfect aroma
- The fine packaging makes sure there is no compromise over the taste quality of the tea
- The antioxidants it contains have many health benefits. It makes a healthy addition to your routine
- The tea comes in individually packed foil wraps for high quality
- It allows you to choose from a diverse range of flavor options ]
- It is a bit complex to open. Some tea bags are likely to tear off while opening
On the whole, we liked the Bigelow Green Tea for its quality, amazing flavors, and delightful aroma. We recommend it as a healthy addition to your diet. You can satisfy your tea cravings with this tea and stay fit as well.
Tealyra Loose Green Tea is one of the best options available. This tea is high quality, has perfect ingredients, and enchanting aroma with a blend of jasmine taste. Here is why we found it suitable to add to the list of our highest rated green tea.
- The jasmine flowers give it a perfect taste that is neither too light nor too strong
- The loose tea leaves brew a high-quality tea for you
- It is consumable in all seasons
- You can prepare it quite easily
- It has a high-quality and attractive packaging design
- Those who prefer sweet flavors might not like the tea very much
You can brew a fine green tea with Tealyra Green tea leaves. What we liked the most about the product is its packaging. The loose tea leaves give you a better experience as compared to some tea bags which may compromise the tea quality while brewing.
We found the Harney & Sons Green Tea to be exceptionally amazing in quality and taste. The refined ingredients add to the quality and add a perfect aroma to relax the consumer. It gave us a fine tea experience.
- A high-quality green tea product
- Contains a light flavor that is a perfect blend of taste and pleasant smell
- You can consume it with or without milk as per your preference
- The sealed tea bags make sure there is no compromise over quality
- The green tea is pure and organic
- Some tea bags might lose their taste if stored for long and become stale
We recommend you to try this green tea as we are sure it will impress you too with its quality taste and relaxing effect. Try it and decide if it is worth it or not.
Smith Teamaker Green Tea is one of the best green tea options available to buy. Its delightful aroma is what we liked the best. Besides the relaxing smell, it also has an amazing taste that gives a fine tea experience.
- It is completely organic with no added preservatives
- It gives a delightful aroma and pleasant appearance
- High-quality ingredients extracted directly from green tea leaves
- It proves helpful in improving metabolism thus proves effective in weight loss
- Some people might refrain from trying as it is not certified
The Smith Teamaker Green tea gave us a quality tea experience with its amazing taste and enticing aroma. Give it a try yourself. We hope you’ll add this product to your tea collection.
How to Pick the Best Green Tea
Before you make a green tea purchase, you need to look upon some factors. Here are the standards by which you decide on the best green tea option for yourself
- Some green tea options can be quite expensive. Pick one that comes under your budget
- You’ll find a diverse range of green tea flavors. First, you need to pick the flavor of your preference. Decide whether you like pure green tea or you prefer it with some added flavors
- The aroma is the key factor to pick your green tea. You’d want to go with the one that gives a perfectly strong aroma
Whether you wish to switch to healthy drinking options or you just want to explore diversity in drinking horizons, green tea should be on your list.
Green tea is a quality beverage that has both taste and health benefits. It is comparatively a healthy drinking choice than coffee. Green tea contains adequate caffeine for slight stimulation and offers calming effects with L-theanine, a natural amino acid.
We hope that we have made it easier for you to choose a suitable green tea for yourself. Try these options and let us know which one is the highest rated green tea for you. Have healthy drinking. Take care.