When it comes to outsourcing web application development, you will find several companies are willing to partner with you. However, the prices and the services of all these companies are not the same.
When you have decided to outsource your web application development project to a credible company, you need to contact outsourced developers and discuss the project’s critical intricacies to get the expected results.
Before you enter into any web development service, you need to consult the professionals of the company to discuss the following –
- The purpose of the business app.
- How will the user log in to the app?
- What monetization strategy will you follow?
In the first case, you should determine whether the business needs an app for Android or iOS or both of these platforms at one time. It would help determine whether the app needs to be integrated with any social media platform.
Secondly, you should discuss with the web development company to determine how your app’s users will log in.
Determine whether your app needs a cross-platform or a native app? Note, there is a significant price difference in both these options.
Lastly, you need to determine the monetization strategy that you should follow. It would help if you decided whether you want your web app to be free or have a paid or a lite version for users to select.
Once you have discussed the above three cases with the web development company, you can devise an extensive plan for your project correctly. After you have chalked out the basics of the project, the next step is to search for a good team of developers for the job.
Table of Contents
- 1 The following question arises, how can you find the right outsourced company for your business projects?
- 2 Seven essential tips on how to outsource web development services for your business needs
The following question arises, how can you find the right outsourced company for your business projects?
The size of your project matters. For simple projects, you can bank on professional freelancers for the task. They are listed on major freelancing sites available for web application development to help you find a developer or a team of developers for your business project. Some examples of these freelancing platforms are Upwork.com, Freelancer.com, Toptal.com, etc.
Here, you will find several professionals who offer their skills and services to clients. You need to-
- Publish the details of the project.
- Receive the bids or proposals.
To get the best-outsourced web developer or company for your project, write-
- A complete description of what your business requirements for the project are.
- List the budget or the costs of the project that you can afford.
- List the qualifications of the developer wanted for your project.
The most significant advantage of these freelancing platforms is that you get the opportunity to browse through a comprehensive list of developer profiles that are best suited for your requirements. You can browse through this list and shortlist the developers’ names that meet and match your needs with success.
When you have a more significant project in hand, it is prudent to look for a credible company skilled in the field. They will have the experience, resources, and track records of churning out complex projects of a large scale.
Seven essential tips on how to outsource web development services for your business needs
Following are the vital tips to process web development services-
- Evaluate the range of IT services that the company offers.
- Check the portfolio of the outsourced company.
- Learn more about its domain expertise.
- Check its contract practices and levels of commercial flexibility.
- Convenience when it comes to accessibility in communication.
- Check its levels of innovation and modernity.
- Support offered by the outsourced company.
You need to schedule an interview with the developer before you hire him for the project. The following are some of the primary questions that you should ask the developer before you enter into the final contract-
- Ask the team details about their background.
- Ask them to give you reviews from past clients.
- Check their accountability factor for your project.
The last point is significant for you to determine whether the team from the outsourced web application development company values their clients or not.
For instance, you might have scheduled a video call on Google Hangouts or some other similar platform at a specific time, but the developer did not show up or showed up too late.
This might seem a minor fault for you, but it depicts the lack of commitment and discipline essential for the timely delivery of your project.
Discuss the costs of the final project with the Web Development Company
Irrespective of the costs decided upon when the job was posted on the site (freelancing platform), the bidder can demand a price higher than quoted. Never be in a hurry to dismiss this bid because the price is increased over the initial cost.
Good developers will explain the reasons for the high costs of web application development if you are entering into a contract with a company, schedule meetings with the developers to determine the project’s overall costs before you finally sign on the agreement.
Following are the factors that determine the price of the web application development project-
- The technological stack and the complexity of the project.
- The number of skilled developers you would need for the project.
- The deadline or the time frame of the project.
- The rates for each hour (on average), especially if you outsource the web application development project to specialists in a different nation.
Hire Web Developers with proven track record in the market
If you hire quality and trustworthy web developers, you will boost the success of your project further. Never opt for very cheap rates as your project’s quality will be highly compromised and can affect your business‘s success.
Most businesses outsource web application development projects primarily because they want to focus on their core functions and competencies. This helps them to save both costs and time with success.