Table of Contents
- 1 What is Six Sigma?
- 1.1 What is the Yellow Belt?
- 1.2 ASQ Yellow Belt Question Bank
- 1.3 Exam Simulation
- 1.4 Best Amazon Books for Six Sigma Yellow Belt Test Preparation
- 1.5 2. Lean Six Sigma – Yellow Belt Training
- 1.6 3. Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam Secrets Study Guide
- 1.7 Conclusion
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a set of management strategies aimed at improving business procedures by vastly subtracting the percentage that a mistake or defect will occur. The phrase “Six Sigma“ appears from statistics and is employed in statistical integrity control, that analyzes process capacity.
Methods and techniques regulating with Six sigma techniques are supposed to generate long-term damage levels below 3.4 defects per million chances over a limited period.
All Six Sigma techniques depend on 5 phases named DMAIC. They can be defined as Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, and Control.
Six Sigma has different levels including yellow belt, green belt, black belt, and white belt depending on employee proficiency.
What is the Yellow Belt?
Yellow belts are defined as entry-level employees who strive to expand their world or also as administrative champions who need an overview of Six Sigma and all of its phases including define, measure, analyze, improve, and control model (DMAIC).
Who needs this specialization?
The yellow belt exam is for you if you are looking to discover more about Six Sigma or increase your understanding of the fundamental components of Six Sigma and Lean.
Six Sigma skills are widely pursued by employers both nationally and on international levels. These techniques have been verified to help enhance business processes, performance, and quality verification.
In this specialization, you will understand proven principles and mechanisms particular to six sigma and lean. This is a great sequential, directly formulated discipline that wraps the basic level subject at the yellow belt level of Six Sigma and Lean.
Before progressing to Green Belt, yellow belt knowledge is required, which is the second step specialization offered on Coursera by the USG. Green Belt proficiency is compulsory before moving to a Black Belt. Accomplishing either the Yellow Belt or Green Belt Specializations never gives the learner complete and authentic professional accreditation standards in the world of Six Sigma.
However, successful completion will encourage better practice for such professional accreditation testing.
ASQ Yellow Belt Question Bank
The ASQ Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt Question Bank consists of three sets of exams. Each of the exam set contains 75 unique questions, the identical number of exam-style questions that will come upon the ASQ CSSYB exam. Each set of questions can be retaken an infinite number of times within your one year of access. The questions are generated by a team of ASQ certified professionals and conform to the same writing principles that are employed on the paper.
These question sets can be utilized in two different ways named as exam stimulation or exam review mode.
Motivate yourself for the ASQ CSSYB exam knowledge with a timed test. You’ll achieve a total score at the end, and will get the option to examine the questions to detect how you performed. You can use this model to evaluate your proficiency and construct your confidence as you rehearse for the exam.
The review mode is a great way to experiment when you need to concentrate on a specific region of the CSSYB Body. This mode can be used as a learning tool to strengthen your exam preparation. You will receive comprehensive explanations for all the correct and incorrect tries.
Best Amazon Books for Six Sigma Yellow Belt Test Preparation
The books illustrated below can successfully stand out as the professional editions for yellow belt certification according to Amazon. Looking over these books is similar to getting into the minds of the writers. These authors have been verified as industry professionals and experts and therefore help the learners, learn at their best and pass the exams in the first go.
1. The Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt Handbook
This reference handbook is modeled to assist those individuals interested in passing the exam for Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt ASQ’s. The layout of the book follows the body of knowledge as released in 2015. Additional to the text, this handbook contains the following contents;
- Numerous appendixes,
- A comprehensive list of abbreviations
- A CD-ROM with practice exam questions
- Recorded webinars
Each of the chapters comprises of essay-type questions to examine the understanding of students about that particular topic.
- Gives a lot of information in a condensed form
- Provides background information with examples
- Reference material for beginners
- CD-ROM not working for most of the buyers
- Scratches on CD present in the packing
2. Lean Six Sigma – Yellow Belt Training
A 20 pages kindle format book that gives the reader with basic information about yellow belt along with Lean and Six Sigma. It provides a quick glance into all the basic principles of a yellow belt.
- Basic and essential points
- Provides a basic overview of Lean, Six Sigma, and Yellow belt.
- Can be used as a pocketbook
- Easy to carry
- Promises to provide all the basic knowledge related to yellow belt.
- No exemplary explanation
- Does not contain proper information about yellow belt
- Too short to be true
3. Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam Secrets Study Guide
This guide includes Six Sigma Yellow Belt practice test questions. Six Sigma Yellow Belt study guide contains easy-going essential overviews that emphasize the key areas of the Yellow Belt test. This book reviews the most significant components of the Yellow Belt exam.
- Provides information about Yellow Belt and Six Sigma
- Gives a great foundation to understand the fundamentals
- Emphasizes on the importance and implementation of DMAIC
- A pool of questions with detailed answers and explanations
- Comprehensive explanation of tools and techniques of Six Sigma
- A reasonable easier to afford edition
- Not for beginners
- Extremely general but extensive
- Although this book is quite extensive but alone It can’t help you pass the test.
- Better options are present in market with same price range
The above-mentioned publications are sure to cruise through the six sigma yellow belt examinations. These books include information on various topics and tools essential for Six Sigma Yellow Belt. The sample questions help in providing a better understanding and help get prepared for exams.