This post contains all the information regarding Six Sigma Certification.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Six Sigma?
- 2 Six Sigma Certification
- 3 Six Sigma Certification Levels
- 4 Benefits of Six Sigma Certification
- 5 How to get Six Sigma Certification?
- 6 Top books for passing Six Sigma Certification
- 6.1 Lean Mastery Collection: 8 Books in 1 – Lean Six Sigma, Lean Start-up, Lean Enterprise, Lean Analytics, Agile Project Management, Kanban, Scrum, Kaizen … for Scrum, Kanban, Sprint, DSDM XP & Crystal)
- 6.2 Six Sigma for Powerful Improvement: A Green Belt DMAIC Training System with Software Tools and a 25-Lesson Course
- 6.3 The Six Sigma Way: How to Maximize the Impact of Your Change and Improvement Efforts, Second edition
- 6.4 Lean Six Sigma Quick Start Guide: The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Lean Six Sigma
- 7 Conclusion
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a system that offers an excellent opportunity for companies to improve their business processes skills. Increasing production efficiency and decreasing process variability not only lead to increased profitability and product quality but also reduce the number of defects by no more than 3.4 occurrences per million units.
Six Sigma Certification utilizes a range of quality control techniques that primarily includes analytical and statistical methods and establishes a network of people, an expert in these methods, in the company.
Six Sigma does calculate not only performance quality but also measures product and service efficiency.
Major corporations such as Amazon, 3 M, Boeing, Toyota, GE, McKesson, Johnson Controls, GEICO, the United States Army, and Marines implemented the Six Sigma strategies and succeeded. Six Sigma is not the standard in all sectors of these businesses, but these organizations implement the Six Sigma methodologies where required to produce better results.
To get more knowledge about What Industrial Engineering is and Why you should study it click here.
Six Sigma Certification
The Six Sigma Certification provides proof for a professional’s skill to identify and diminish any errors or defects in the business processes.
It requires you to have a particular level of experience and proficiency to get the Six Sigma Certificate. This Certificate enables you to become a process management expert, which will increase your credentials.
Organizations invest in Six Sigma certification as it provides a structured collection of tools and techniques that aid in an organization’s processes improvement.
The primary purpose of certification is to validate individuals who possess the necessary skills to identify and eliminate errors in a process. When Six Sigma is able to benefit from large, profitable businesses, so will you.
Six Sigma Certification Levels
The Six Sigma Certification consists of many skill levels. These include:
1. White Belt
2. Yellow Belt
3. Green Belt
4. Black Belt
5. Master Black Belt
Let us discuss these levels in detail:
This basic level of certification deals with the basic concepts of Six Sigma. White belts promote the management of transition within an organization and collaborate with local problem-solving teams to support projects.
At the level of yellow belt, you know the specificities of Six Sigma that how to utilize them, and where to apply them.
Within this level, you will have to collaborate with project teams and have to assist them with problem-solving tasks.
At the level of green belt, you are acknowledged of the advanced research of Six Sigma, and you can solve quality-influencing problems. You lead the tasks and assist in the selection and study of black belts. You analyze and solve quality projects and are involved in quality improvement projects.
You need at least three years ‘ experience as a qualified Six Sigma Green Belt to demonstrate your understanding of the Six Sigma methods and techniques.
Here is a detailed guide on What is Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and How to get it?
At the stage of the black belt, you become an expert who knows all the philosophies and principles of Six Sigma. You not only lead the projects but also provide training to your juniors. You monitor the team and assign the duties to the team members. You know the lean business principles and utilization of the specific tools.
Master Black Belt is the highest degree of all levels of Six Sigma Certification. At this stage, you will be the consultant, you will develop the methods, and critical indicators and you will train the black and green level members as well. You’ll help the organizational indicators and dashboards develop and implement.
You will establish and implement the Six Sigma curriculum, provide instruction in the classroom, and also collaborate with external partners in providing Six Sigma training.
Benefits of Six Sigma Certification
Six Sigma Certification provides you and organizations with a lot of benefits. Let us first talk about the benefits you can get through the Six Sigma certification.
Benefits for the individuals:
- It helps you in the advancement of your career.
- It develops your management and leadership qualities.
- Enables you to prove your skills regarding the improvement of business processes.
- Having Six Sigma Certification, you can get a higher post job that offers you a handsome salary.
- You have a better understanding of resolving different issues.
- Due to your Six Sigma skills, you can become valuable in industries.
- With Six Sigma Certification, you can achieve a high management position in several companies such as the Lead Manufacturing Engineer, Process Development Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Compliance Structural Engineer, Senior IT project manager, Project Engineer, and many more.
Benefits to the Organizations:
- Your organization gets improved processes and ultimately, better quality products or services.
- Better processability and increased control efficiency contribute to more satisfied customers.
- Due to the better experience of the customers, the organization gets a lot of profit.
- It also leads to the satisfaction of employees.
- The profit gained through the Six Sigma methodology enables organizations to build better partnerships.
- Six Sigma Certification lets you increase the confidence your customer has in your company.
- Increased profit and decreased expenditure reduce employee turnover and cut costs.
How to get Six Sigma Certification?
To get Six Sigma certified, you need to follow the following steps:
- Consider the organization’s needs, and decide how to improve the processes.
- Understand your organizational role and consider your future career goals.
- Select a Six Sigma certification level that suits you best.
- Discover the appropriate and approved training program. For this, the people who have earned Six Sigma Certification can help you.
- Take different books for help. It will help you a lot in studying the Six Sigma techniques.
- Enroll in and take the written exam in the training program. Some of the significant Six Sigma training and Certification providing organizations include ASQ, GreyCampus, AcoSixsigma, Acknowledge Benelux, BMGI, PIM Training & Consulting, etc.
- Finish the assigned project and get the certification.
- Take advantage of your Six Sigma Certification.
Top books for passing Six Sigma Certification
You can find several books for Six Sigma certification in the market. These books provide you with detailed information regarding the Six Sigma strategies and methodologies.
Here are some of the top books that provide you with the best experience in this regard:
Lean Mastery Collection: 8 Books in 1 – Lean Six Sigma, Lean Start-up, Lean Enterprise, Lean Analytics, Agile Project Management, Kanban, Scrum, Kaizen … for Scrum, Kanban, Sprint, DSDM XP & Crystal)
This box set includes the top books that enable you to improve and enhance your skills. These books contain all the content that directs you step by step to the level of expertise.
When I first read these books, I realized that I would not have struggled in learning the Six Sigma techniques if I had found these earlier.
The material in these books is presented in a beneficial and logical way that retains my interest in the content. Different Lean Manufacturing concepts like Kaizen, Kanban, 6S, etc. are very well illustrated in this guide.
All these books are well-written, and the context is also reasonable. You should also check them out on Amazon.com.
Six Sigma for Powerful Improvement: A Green Belt DMAIC Training System with Software Tools and a 25-Lesson Course
This book offers you various Six Sigma’s mathematical and logical processes. These processes provide you with information on strengthening the business processes including some tips on how to use DMAIC.
To me, the best part of this book is that it provides me with the resources and strategies of Six Sigma that I can use for my business projects over and over again.
Besides the benefit of utilizing the tools and techniques, this book also provides me with the underlying theories and formulas essential for improvement and management.
This book uses various tables and graphs to explain major concepts, which makes me even more excited to read it. It also contains a full sample workbook for each of the techniques, which is a very great thing.
In short, this book is a resource of the different tools and techniques of Six Sigma, along with the vital information. So, it would be best if you gave it a try. Check it out on Amazon.com.
The Six Sigma Way: How to Maximize the Impact of Your Change and Improvement Efforts, Second edition
This book, published in 2000, is among the very first book that clearly explains the massive benefits of Six Sigma Certification for your business management and improvement.
This book provides me with information regarding the tools and techniques that have been used by several companies for their improvement. Basically, this book reveals the origin of Six Sigma and its success, which is a very great thing.
This latest edition of the Six Sigma Way retains much of the past material, including some of the modern concepts and lessons that reflect the developments that have taken place in the past few years. So, this is an incredible book for me, as it not only provides me with the history of the Six Sigma Certification but also reveals the developments in this discipline.
In short, this an all-in-one guide that offers you all the necessary and essential content of Six Sigma Certification. You should also check this out on Amazon.com and enjoy its amazing services.
For beginners, the Lean Six Sigma Quick Start Guide is an instrumental book, giving them the necessary details of Six Sigma Certification straightforwardly and classically. This book teaches you how fault-free processes can be accomplished in less time.
The book’s material is realistic and easy to understand. After reading this book, I learned the steps and techniques needed to grow my startup business.
So, I can say with high confidence that this book will be very beneficial for those who have begun their own business. This short book is precisely what it is supposed to be. You get a concise and clear description regarding Lean Six Sigma and some recommendations for reading further.
For beginners, this is the ultimate book to learn Six Sigma Certification. All beginners must read this book to have the proper knowledge of lean Six Sigma. You can check it out on Amazon.com.
Six Sigma is an integral part of all organizations’ operational and manufacturing roles. Larger firms have a dedicated team of Six Sigma experts. These teams work full-time to execute plans to boost operations.
Six Sigma Certification is a system that offers you to enhance your capabilities for the success of your business life. Its methodologies, tools, and techniques enable you to build your career and your future. Thus, we can not ignore the importance of the Six Sigma Certification in this competitive business world.
Remaining competitive and productive is crucial for individuals in this small world of job opportunities. For this, Six Sigma Certification enables you to be unique and the best in your skills. So, if you want your future to be bright and your business successful, you need to get Six Sigma certified through which you can enjoy several business opportunities.
Do you want to get the highest-paying Industrial engineering jobs? Here is a guide on how to get that.
Are you still keen to dig more into Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques? This article will help you with that.