Table of Contents
- Eric the Red discovered Greenland.
- Marco Polo (Italian) reached China through India.
- Vescoda gama (Portuguese) discovered sear route from Europe to India.
- Pedro Alvarez Cabral (Portuguese) discovered Brazil.
- George Lord Anson (English) sailed around the earth.
- Charles A.Lindberg (American) made first non-stop solo flight across the Atlantic.
- Various (Portugese) discovered Sri Lanka.
- C.F. Blair (US) made the first solo flight over the Arctic. Sir Vivian Fuchs and Edmund Hillary (US) first crossing of the Antarctic continent.
- G.H. Wilkins (Australian) flew over the South Pole.
- CIS are landlocked countries of Asia.
- Buckingham palace is the residence of British king and Queen is in London.
- 10 Downing Street is the residence of British PM.
- Queen’s house is the official residence of Sri Lankan president.
- Great Wall of China was built in the reign of Shih Huang-ti
- Wakhan is a narrow strip of land, which separates Afghanistan from Pakistan.
Ten Largest Nations By Area
- Smallest by area and population is Vatican City.
- Second smallest by area is Monaco
- Gibraltar is the smallest colony.
- The world’s smallest republic is Nauru.
- Canada has the world’s longest coastline.
- Monaco has a shortest coastline of 3.49 miles.
- Largest continuous frontier is b/w Canada and USA.
- Canada is the country with most lakes.
- Most sparsely populated territory is Antarctica.
- Most densely populated continent is Asia.
- Afghanistan, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal are landlocked countries of Asia.
- Extreme temperature was recorded in Aziziya (Libya) 58° C in 1922.
- Lowest temp: was recorded at Vostok, Antarctica -89.2° C. Highest rainfall is recorded at Cherrapunji (India).
- Greatest snow fall is recorded at Tamarack California (USA)
- Planetary winds consist of doldrums, trace winds and westerlies.
- Alexandria is the famous city of Egypt; it is also an important seaport.
- Rainfall is recorded on maps by Isohyets.
For more Notes click here.