- In the Composition of the earth, Aluminum is:
(a) 27.5% (b) 20.3%
(c) 14.5% (d) 8.1%
- The deepest part of the Ocean is:
(a) Vostok (b) Puerto Rico Trench
(c) Mariana Trench (d) Sundas Trench
- After Australia, which of the following is the smallest
(a) Antarctica (b) South America
(c) North America (d) Europe
- The deepest place in the Indian Ocean is:
(a) Mariana Trench (b) Puerto Rico Trench
(c) Sunda Trench (d) Isle Trench.
- The highest waterfall of the world is:-
(a) Victoria (b) Tugela
(c) Angel (d) Niagara.
- The areas around the North and South poles within the
Polar circles is called:
(a) The Torrid Zone (b) The Frigid Zone
(c) The Temperature Zone (d) None of the above
- “Death Valley” in California, U.S.A is so called because of:-
(a) It is highly polluted area on earth
(b) It is extremely cold region on earth
(c) One of the hottest places in the world
(d) The existence of a large number of volcanaes
- Identify the largest ocean:
(a) Pacific Ocean (b) Atlantic Ocean
(c) Indian Ocean (d) Artic Ocean
- Mediterranean Sea is connected to the Atlantic Ocean by the:
(a) Strait of Gibraltar (b) Bering strait
(c) Davis strait (d) Dover strait
- Caribbean Sea is linked with the Pacific Ocean by the:
(a) Suez Canal (b) Panama Canal
(c) Sunda Strait (d) None of the above one
- ‘Sea of Japan’ is famous for :
(a) Oil Reserves (b) Mineral Water
(c) Fishing Area (d) Icebergs in water
- ‘Red sea’ is between :
(a) Arabia and Africa
(b) Turkey and Russia
(c) China and Japan
(d) Germany and Scandinavia
- Alexandria is a seaport of :
(a) Greece (b) Egypt
(c) Iran (d) Germany
- Bering Strait separates Asia from:
(a) America (b) Africa
(c) Australia (d) None of the above one
- The longest mountain range in the world is:
(a) Karakoram (b) Alps
(c) Andes (d) Hindukush.
- Cyprus is an island in the:
(a) Mediterranean Sea
(b) South China Sea
(c) Red Sea
(d) Caribbean Sea.
- Which of the following country shares the water of Caspian
(a) Russia (b) Iran
(c) Azerbaijan (d) All the above
- Palk Strait separates India from :
(a) Sri Lanka (b) Maldives (c) Bangladesh (d) None of the above one
- ‘Dickson’ is a seaport of :
(a) Italy (b) Malaysia
(c) South Africa (d) Norway
- ‘Lake Superior’ is :
(a) The World’s deepest freshwater lake
(b) The World’s largest freshwater lake
(c) The world’s largest saltwater lake
(d) None of the above
- ‘Seattle’ is a seaport of :
(a) China (b) U.S.A
(c) Germany (d) Canada
- Which of the following strait separates Italy from Sicily?
(a) Sunda (b) Messina
(c) Bonifacio (d) Johore
- Identify the world’s longest river with the length of 6,521 km.
(a) Amazon (b) Mississippi
(c) Nile (d) none of the above
- Which one is the longest river?
(a) Jhelum (b) Chenab
(c) Ravi (d) Sutlaj.
- Which of the following is the smallest sea?
(a) South China Sea. (b) Arabian Sea.
(c) Sea of Marmara. (d) Caribbean Sea.
- Which of the following river is located in Iraq?
(a) Lena (b) Oxus
(c) Volga (d) Euphrates
- In which of the following country, ‘Victoria Falls’ is located?
(a) Canada (b) Zimbabwe
(c) U.S.A (d) Venezuela
- Which of the following waterfalls is located between America
(a) Victoria Falls (b) Ribbon Falls
(c) Niagara Falls (d) Angels Falls.
- Identify the world’s Largest Dam :-
(a) Aswan (b) Kiev
(c) Tarbela (d) Mangla
- In which of the following region ‘New Zealand’ is situated?
(a) Europe (b) South America
(c) Caribbean (d) Oceania
- The world’s largest land frontier is between:
(a) America and Canada
(b) Russia and China
(c) Argentina and Brazil
(d) China and Mongolia
- The world’s largest sliver producing country is.–
(a) Canada (b) Australia
(c) Russia (d) Mexico.
- “Valetta” is the capital of:
(a) Finland (b) Malta
(c) Senegal (d) Congo
- The ‘United Arab Emirates’ (U.A.E) Comprises of:
(a) Abu Dhabi (b) Sharjah
(c) Fujairah (d) All the above
- Which of the following ‘Desert’ is the largest in area?
(a) The Sahara (b) Gobi
(c) Takla Makan (d) Thar
- The famous “ Dost-i-Lut” desert is located in :
(a) Iran (b) China
(c) South Africa (d) Egypt
- “Nanga Parbat” is the famous mountain Peak of:
(a) Karakoram range (b) Himalayas range
(c) HinduKush range (d) Sulaiman range
- “Kasr-i-Mantra” is an official residence of:
(a) King of Saudi Arabia (b) Amir-Kuwait
(c) Iranian President (d) None of the above
- Why ‘Black Sea’ is so called:
(a) A large number of black rocks in the water
(b) The dense fog that prevails there in winter
(c) The water of the sea is black
(d) None of the above
- Which of the following Country is largest by area?
(a) China (b) Canada
(c) America (d) Russia
- Which of the following Country is a ‘Peninsula?
(a) Brazil (b) Japan
(c) Greenland (d) Saudi Arabia
- Which of the following Country is largest by population?
(a) Russia (b) Indonesia
(c) China (d) India
- Which part of the world is called “City of Angles”?
(a) Bangkok (b) Stockholm
(c) New York (d) Rome
- Which part of the world is called “Cockpit of Europe”?
(a) Belgium (b) Ireland
(c) Netherlands (d) Greenland
- The world’s largest fish catching country is:
(a) Russia (b) China
(c) Japan (d) Australia
- The world’s longest railroad tunnel ‘Seikan’ is located in:
(a) England (b) Japan
(c) Switzerland (d) Russia.
- Which Country is called “Land of Milk and Honey”?
(a) Lebanon (b) Japan
(c) Canada (d) Turkey
- Which part of the world is called: “Playgroud of Europe”?
(a) Norway (b) Germany
(c) Switzerland (d) Poland
- Which Part of the world is called “Land of Midnight Sun”?
(a) Thailand (b) Finland
(c) Norway (d) Japan
- What is “Big Ben”?
(a) A Volcano in Alaska
(b) A Glaxy of Stars
(c) A clock placed on the British Parliament
(d) None of the above
- Which of the following is a Baltic State?
(a) Georgia (b) Armenia
(c) Ukraine (d) Estonia.
- Which of the following Asian countries is landlocked?
(a) Myanmar (b) Mongolia
(c) Vietnam (d) North Korea.
- Identify the biggest Island:
(a) Greenland (b) Iceland
(c) New Zealand (d) Taiwan
- Identify the Coldest Planet:
(a) Pluto (b) Venus
(c) Jupiter (d) Mars
- Identify the smallest Planet:
(a) Venus (b) Mercury
(c) Jupiter (d) None of above
- Which one is the highest Mountain Pass in the world?
(a) Khunjerab Pass (b) Kilik Pass
(c) Alpine (d) None of the above
- Identify the Largest ‘Salt-Water Lake’ in the world:
(a) Lake Superior (b) Baikal Lake
(c) Caspian Sea (d) Mancher Lake
- Identify the world’s largest City (in area):
(a) Shanghai (b) Moscow
(c) New York (d) London
- Which is the longest strait of the world?
(a) Malacca (b) Gibraltar
(c) Bosphorus (d) Dover
- ‘Fleet Street’ in London is famous for:
(a) Tailoring and Jewellery Shops
(b) Banking and Financial Transactions
(c) Offices of the leading British Newspapers
(d) None of the above One.
- ‘Wall Street’ in New York is famous for:
(a) Stocks Exchange Market
(b) Modern Shopping Centre
(c) Broadest street in the world
(d) None of the above
- Which of the following lines divide Turkish and Greek
(a) Yellow Line (b) Green Line
(c) Curzon Line (d) Maginot Line
- Which of the following countries is called “Land of Milk and
(a) Switzerland (b) Norway
(c) Bahrain (d) Lebanon.
- Which one is boundary line between Poland and Germany?
(a) Maginot Line (b) Seigfrid line
(c) Hindenburg line (d) Mannerheim line
- ‘Takla Makan Desert’ is located in :
(a) Xinjing (China) (b) East Africa
(c) Basutoland (d) Iran
- “Khyber Pass” is located in :
(a) Karakorum range (b) Himalyas range
(c) Hindukush range (d) Sulaiman range
- Which part of the world is known as “Star and key of Indian
(a) India (b) Sri Lanka
(c) Maldives (d) Mauritius
- “Siachen Glacier” is situated in :
(a) Hindu Kush (b) Sulaiman
(c) Pamir (d) Karakorum
- Which of the following glacier is in ‘Hunza’?
(a) Hispar (b) Biafo
(c) Atrak (d) None of the above
- Which of the following Mountain Peak is not situated in
(a) Broad Peak (b) Gasherbrum Peak
(c) Tirich Mir Peak (d) All of the above
- The world’s smallest state by population is:
(a) San Marino (b) Monaco
(c) Vatican (d) Nauru.
- The world’s largest fresh water lake is:
(a) Caspian sea (b) Great Bear
(c) Baikal (d) Superior.
- ‘Nanga Parbat Peak’ is situated in:
(a) Himalayas (b) Karakoram
(c) Hindukush (d) Suliman
- The largest river in Baluchistan is :
(a) Dasht (b) Zhob
(c) Rakshan (d) Hingol
- Which is the highest railway station in Asia?
(a) Quetta (b) Kalat
(c) Kan Mehtarzai (d) Sibi
- What is the significane of a small country “Ecuador”?
(a) It is a biggest island of Latin America
(b) It is located on the equator of the earth
(c) It is a land where days and nights are of one month duration on the earth
(d) None of the above
- ‘Kuril Islands’ are situated between:
(a) China and Japan
(b) Russia and Japan
(c) Australia and New Zealand
(d) U.S and Cuba
- What is “Green peace”?
(a) A mountain range
(b) The largest Island in the world
(c) Geological Society of London
(d) An organization that stresses the need to maintain a balance between human progress and environmental conservation.
For more Geography mcqs click here.