After doing some thorough research we have come up with the following points on United Nations in 21st Century: Obligations and Limitations.
Table of Contents
Outline of Essay on United Nations in 21st Century: Obligations and Limitations
- Era of globalization
- The emergence of the United Nations
Also Read: Analysis of US-China Trade war
Obligations of United Nations in 21st Century
- Ensuring international peace
- Bridging the North-South divide
- Settlement of regional conflicts/issues
- Disarmament and non-proliferation
- Mitigation of climate change
- Development of third world countries
- Improvement of health standards
- Establishment of rule of law
- Universal equality in treatment
- Protection of minorities
Limitations of United Nations in 21st Century
- Inadequate funding
- Structural inadequacies
- Corruption and incompetence
- State sovereignty issues
- Inability to enforce policies/decisions
- Hegemonic nature of current world order
- Non-familiarity with regional/cultural/religious sensitivities
Also Read: China’s One Belt One Road (OBOR) Initiative
For a proper understanding of United Nations problems and their solutions, we recommend you to check out this Audible book “Disunited Nations: The Scramble for Power in an Ungoverned World” by Peter Zeihan.
For complete sample essays click here.
Recommended Readings for improving your essay writing:
Following are some articles that will help you in learning how to write an Essay:
- Some Useful Tips for Writing a Great Essay
- How to Crack English Essay CSS/PCS
- How to make an essay outline? with examples
- How to write an Introduction in an Essay?
- How to Improve Vocabulary for English Essay?
- How to write a Paragraph in an Essay?
- Components of an Essay
- Techniques and Skills for Essay Writing
For learning about the complete history of the United Nations, we recommend you to read this article: United Nations. It contains a comprehensive outline of the United Nations’ events and its impact on the international arena.