- This quotationis taken from Wordsworth, an English romanticpoet.
- Just like the developmentof a plantfrom a seed, life is a gradualprocess of unfolding.
- An individual before he comes to the state of manhood must necessarily pass through the state of childhood, so childhood may be called the fatherof cause of the manhood.
- Childhood is miniature of manhood, and manhood is a fully developed state of childhood. The powers that are latent in the child are made manifest in the man; the faculty that dimly seen in the former are fully seen in the latter.
- Greatmen show their signs of their future greatnesseven in their childhood.
- Ruskin:”Tell me whatyou like and I will tell you whatyou are?
- Hardy’s pessimism originated in his childhood: as a child he loved to watch the maggots”the little helpless creatures thatpassed their time in mad carousal.
- The great Buddha even when he was a child could be seen sitting apart from his playmate and mediatingupon something.
- When Alexander as a child was given a ball and a bat by his uncle he said, “I will play with the…………?
- But it is not a hard and fast rule with an exception that even most idle child can also be the greatest scholar of the world.
- Einstein, a Colossus in Mathematics, was not at all promising student in his boyhood. Even Shakespeare and G.B. Shaw never betrayed the sign of glory in the childhood which they were together later with both hands.
- Education of the child according his in born tastes and capacities also play a crucial rule in the development of the child. Queen Victoria was given the best possible education by her mother with the result thatshe grew up to be the one of ablest rulers of England.
- Need it be reiterated that the period of childhood should be carefully watched, for it is the children of today who will be citizens of tomorrow.
For complete sample essays click here.