Table of Contents
Introduction (Universal Heading)
Evolution of different forms of governance
Democracy and its key objectives
Failure of Democracy to Deliver in Pakistan (Your Stance)
- Extreme poverty confirms the failure of democracy;
- 27 % of total population lives below poverty.
- 48% citizens do not have access to clean water.
- Absence of transparency and accountability manifests the reality of democracy in Pakistan.
- Freedom of speech can never be denied in real democratic states: kidnapping and torture on civil society activists.
- Rise in inflation
- Prevalence of gender inequality shows the worth of democracy.
- Restoration of democratic government has failed to build confidence of foreign direct investors: decrease in FDI.
- Failure to ensure national integration: insurgency in Balochistan and FATA.
- Failure to provide basic necessities of life;
Area Where Democracy Remains Successful (Opponent Stance)
- Political parties introduce devolution of power to ensure provision of basic necessities: 18th amendment.
- NFC award 2010:a step by democratic government toward national integration: division of resources on diverse formula
- Freedom of press: emergence of social media and private channels.
For complete sample essays click here.