- Evolution of different forms of governance
- Democracy and its key objectives
Characteristics of Real Democracy
Failure of Democracy to Deliver in Pakistan
- Extreme poverty
confirms the failure
- 27 % of total population is living below poverty.
- 48% citizens do not have access to clean water.
- Absence of transparency and accountability manifests the reality of democracy in Pakistan.
- Freedom of speech can never be denied in real democratic states: kidnapping and torture on civil society activists.
- Rise in inflation
- Prevalence of gender inequality shows the worth of democracy.
- Restoration of democratic government has failed to build confidence of foreign direct investors: decrease in FDI.
- Failed to ensure national integration: insurgency in Balochistan and FATA.
- Failed to provide basic necessities of life;
Area Where Democracy Remains Successful
- Political parties introduce devolution of power to ensure provision of basic necessities: 18th amendment.
- NFC award 2010 a step by democratic government toward nation integration: division of resources on diverse formula
- Freedom to press: emergence of social median and private channels.
For complete sample essays click here.