401. Vaccine for T.B is Bacillus Calmette Guerin (BCG)
402. Mitochondria is called the power house of the cell.
403. Persons with AB+ blood group are considered to be universal recipient.
404. Study of life in outer space is known as Exobiology.
405. The name of the common mineral salt present in sweat is Sodium Chloride.
406. Sensitive layer of the eye is Retina.
407. Laughing gas as the composition of Nitrogen and Oxygen.
408. Dr. Abdus Salam of Pakistan was one of the contributors of the unification of Electromagnetic force and weak nuclear force.
409. CAT triplet in DNA codes for valine.
410. The chance of diabetic baby born to parents both heterozygous normal is ¼.
411. Inheritance of acquired characters is not an art of Darwinism.
412. Role of biotechnology in the production of food is based on Fermentation.
413. Founder of modern astronomy was Nicolas Copernicus.
414. The instrument which measures very high temperature is Pyrometer.
415. The science which deals with study of manners and customs of people is Ethics.
416. Dry ice is Solid Carbon Dioxide.
417. Chemical name of vinegar is Dilute Acetic Acid.
418. Deficiency of Pyridoxine decreases haemoglobin production.
419. Orbital period of the planet Mercury around the sun is 88 days.
420. The most splendid and the most magnificent constellation on the sky is Orion.
421. “Black holes” refer to Collapsing objects of high density.
422. Eugenics is the study of altering human beings by changing their genetic components.
423. The position of earth in its orbit when it is at its greatest distance from the sun causing northern summer is called Aphelion.
424. Ionosphere layer make the radio transmission possible.
425. Television signals are converted into light signals by Transistor.
426. Most of Asteroids lie in asteroid belt between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter.
427. The number of spark plugs needed in a diesel engine is 0.
428. The half-life of a radioactive element is 8 days. It takes 8 days to reduce it from 10mg to 5 mg.
429. The term “Blue Shift” is used to indicate Doppler Effect in which an object appears bluer when it is moving towards the observer or observer is moving toward the object.
430. Kilowatt-hour is a unit of Power.
431. Fuel used in a Fast Breeder Reactor is Uranium Plutonium Oxide.
432. Monsoon is caused by Revolution of earth.
433. Atmospheric layer ionosphere helps in radio communication.
434. A moderator is used in nuclear reactor in order to slow down the speed of the neutrons.
435. Sedimentary rocks are Porous.
436. Gypsum is a non-metallic mineral.
437. Ozone layer prevents the ultraviolet radiation from entering the atmosphere.
438. The phenomenon of Aurora Borealis, the display of red and green lights in northern hemisphere is due to radiations from Ionosphere.
439. Oasis is associated with Desert.
440. Quartz crystal in quartz watches work on the principle called Piezo-electric effect.
441. The fruits with seed, like banana, are called Parthenocarpic fruits.
442. Animal which captures and readily kills living animals for tis food is called Predator.
443. In a railway track, two rails are joined end in end with a gap in between them to avoid accidents due to expansion.
444. Al-Qanoon is the famous book of Ibn-e-Sina in which human physiology and medicine are discussed.
445. Copper can be converted into gold by Artificial Radioactivity.
446. In winter an iron pipe feel colder than a wooden window. This is because wood is non-conductor.
447. The echo (reflected sound) will be distinctly heard only at ordinary temperatures if the distance of the reflecting surfaces from the source of sound is at least 56 ft.
448. It is possible to recognize a person in the dark by simply hearing hiss unique voice. It is because of the Pitch.
449. When a ray of sunlight enters a dark room, its straight path becomes visible because of dust particles hanging in the air. It is because light is Transparent.
450. The principle used in radar is the same as that of sonar. In radar we use radio waves; whereas in sonar we use Ultrasonic.
451. Parsec is a unit of distance.
452. The German or nickel silver is composed of approximately 60% copper, 20% nickel and 20% zinc.
453. The temperature of the dead body is the temperature of the place where it is kept.
454. Cusec is the unit for measuring the flow of liquids/flow rate, equal to one cubic foot per second.
455. The deepest place on earth is Mariana trench.
456. Twinkling of stars is caused by Refraction of light.
457. Magnifying power of a simple microscope can be increased by decreasing focal length of the lens.
458. A very important practical application of properties of matter is hoeing or “godi” practiced by the farmers. This property of matter is called Capillarity.
459. It is observed that the total pressure exerted by air on the man of average size is around 14.7 lb. wt. per square inch. But the man feels quite comfortable. It is because of an equal and opposite pressure acts from inside.
460. A nuclear reactor is a device used to carry out controlled nuclear reaction whereas GM counter is a device used to detect nuclear radiation.
461. A body can escape the gravitational pull of the earth if it is thrown up with a velocity of 7 miles per sec.
462. Night vision is possible with the help of Infrared Rays.
463. Myopia is a defect of human eye. It can be corrected by using a lens called concave lens.
464. Walnuts can be broken in the hand by squeezing two together but not one. It is because of work done.
465. The instrument which is specially designed for recording earth quake wave is called seismograph which measure earth quake waves on a Richter scale.
466. Fossils found in the lowest geological strata are generally most primitive.
467. Evolution can be described as a continuing process.
468. Mutation is the only source new alleles.
469. Polygenic characteristic are controlled by Multiple Genes.
470. Digestion involves ingestion, digestion, absorption and elimination.
471. In humans, most nutrient molecules are absorbed by the small intestine.
472. The energy needed to fuel essential body processes is called Basal metabolism.
473. Inhaled air passes through Bronchiole in the last.
474. Hermaphroditism is a form of sexual reproduction.
475. Cobalt is a metal which is strongly attracted by a magnet.
476. Hepatitis A is transmitted to different individuals by Faeces.
477. The unit that coordinates different devices of the computer system is Control unit.
478. The approximate intensity level of the sound which can cause damage is 100 decibel (dB).
479. Fuse wire is made of 63% tin and 37% lead.
480. The unit of photosynthesis in green plants is called Quantosome.
481. The property by virtue of which metals can be beaten into thin sheets is known as Malleability.
482. The sky appears blue because the earth’s atmosphere Reflects blue light.
483. Gamma rays are Higher energy rays emitted by radioactive elements.
484. The radiation that is used in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is in the infra-red range.
485. Lead is used in storage batteries.
486. The gas produced during the fermentation of Biomass is Methane.
487. Biogas is the common name of Natural Gas.
488. Bacteria help in the process of fermentation of biomass.
489. One thousand watt power is called as 1 kilowatt.
490. The meter installed in our homes measure electricity in KWh.
491. Unis of electricity consumed by 2500 watt air-conditioner in one hour are 2.5 units.
492. Gas bills are charged in CGS and BTU.
493. In BTU system, one BTU is equal to 1055 joule.
494. Air is present in the atmosphere of earth up to the height of 200 kilometres.
495. All forms of energy that we use are ultimately transformed into Heat energy.
496. The gas which acts as a glass of greenhouse is Carbon dioxide.
497. Google is the largest search engine of internet.
498. Carbon dioxide is used in the preparation of soft drinks.
499. World’s largest flower auction is held in Aalsmeer.
500. All the plant life is based upon the compounds, which are made up of Oxygen, Carbon and Nitrogen.
501. Huge white ball in the sun almost consists of Hydrogen.
502. Charcoal is made by heating wood.
503. In blood, the percentage of water is 90%.
504. As the temperature of ice rises, the ice melts and its density increases.
505. Water is a universal solvent for Biochemical Reactions.
506. The temperature of the water below the solid ice layer is 4 degree centigrade.
507. The volume percentage of nitrogen in air is 78%.
508. The composition of oxygen in air is kept constant by the process of Photosynthesis.
509. Nitrogen occurs in plants and animals in the form of Protein.
510. Air contains volume of carbon dioxide approximately 0.03%.
511. The gases which are used by divers as an artificial atmosphere are helium and oxygen.
512. Noble gases are extremely unreactive.
513. The second most abundant metal found in the earth’s crust is Iron.
514. The iron content in plant tissue is normally between 50-250ppm.
515. Chernobyl nuclear reactor lies in Russia.
516. Chernobyl nuclear plant was destroyed in 1986 due to Failure of cooling system.
517. Radioactive source must be kept in Lead Container.
518. In Brazil alcohol is used as fuel for vehicles.
519. Voltmeter can be made by modification in Galvanometer.
520. The device used for the measurement of current, voltage and resistance is AVO meter.
521. In the name of multimeter “AVO”, V stands for Voltage.
522. Silicon is a Semiconductor.
523. Paper is an insulator.
524. For sending sound waves at large distance, Radio Waves are used.
525. The carrier waves used for the radio transmission have the frequency up to 30 KHz.
526. Video camera is used to convert Picture into electrical signals.
527. In a colour television, the colours are green, red and blue.
528. The waves used for sending signals to the satellite from ground station are Micro Waves.
529. First telegraph signal was transmitted in 1901.
530. In a telephone receiver, Magnet is placed under the diaphragm.
531. Nowadays, the international communication and transmission is being done through the waves known as Microwaves.
532. Modern Bicycle was invented by Staley.
533. Coulomb is the unit of Electric Charge.
534. For certain reasons, some people develop cloudy areas in one or both lenses. This defect is called Cataract.
535. In order to prevent the corrosion of iron pipes they are often coated with a layer of zinc. This process is termed as Galvanization.
536. In a reactor, cadmium rods re used for Absorbing Neutrons.
537. Detergents dissolved in water help in cleaning clothes by reducing the surface tension of water.
538. The swing of a spinning cricket ball in the air can be explained on the basis of Bemoulli’s Theorem.
539. The absorption of ink by blotting paper involves Capillary Action phenomenon.
540. Materials for rain proof coats and tents owe their water proof properties to Surface Tension.
541. For being able to see three-dimensional pictures we have to use An Epidiascope.
542. Water has maximum density at 4 degree centigrade.
543. The highest recorded air temperature in the world in degree Celsius is 57.
544. The instrument that measures wind speed is the anemometer.
545. The theory of expanding Universe was first propounded by Hubble.
546. Used tea leaves contain Quinine.
547. A lake starts freezing because of the cold atmosphere. It will first freeze at the top surface.
548. The Sun remains visible for some time after it actually sets below the horizon. This happens due to Atmospheric Refraction.
549. An iceberg is floating in sea. One tenth of its mass will remain above the surface of water.
550. Bat has the highest upper limit of audible range.
551. “Hotline” is A telecommunication link between the rulers of countries.
552. Most of the ozone is concentrated in the Stratosphere.
553. The cow’s milk contains 80% of water in terms of percentage.
554. Numismatics is the study of Coins.
555. Measles is a viral disease.
556. Vitamin C is present in Citrus Fruits.
557. Leukaemia is a Blood Cancer.
558. Haemophilia is a hereditary disease.
559. Diamond is the hardest material.
560. Lead ball falls through water more slowly than through air because of the viscous force in water.
561. Polaroid’s are used for Photoelasticity.
562. Scalding with steam is more severe than scalding by boiling water because Steam contains more energy than boiling water.
563. Cooking oil can be converted into vegetable ghee by the process of Hydrogenation.
564. Stainless steel is an alloy of Iron, Chromium and Nickel.
565. Optical fibres work on the principle of Total internal reflection.
566. Water vapour beyond the dew point results in Condensation.
567. The main chemical substance present in the bones and teeth of animals is Calcium Phosphate.
568. The Green House Effect is caused by an excess of Carbon dioxide.
569. Bats can also fly in dark because they are capable of taking the help of Ultrasonic Waves.
570. Gold is found in its original form.
571. Green vegetables have high iron content.
572. The fat content in buffalo milk is 10%.
573. Whale has the largest egg.
574. The rear view mirror of a motor vehicle is Convex.
575. A post mortem study usually involves an analysis of liver.
576. Bio fertilisers are nitrogen-fixing micro-organisms which can enrich soil.
577. Tincture of iodine consists of A solution of iodine in alcohol.
578. The only planet of solar system which has water vapours is Neptune.
579. The major part of natural gas, petroleum and coal consist of Methane.
580. Gypsum is used for cement.
581. Chromium is obtained from Chromite.
582. Silica is used in glass-making.
583. Human population has become double during the last 45 years.
584. At present population growth rate in Pakistan is 1.573%.
585. In Pakistan, the nuclear power stations are built at Karachi and Chashma.
586. Plutonium is used as Fuel for nuclear fission.
587. Uranium-235 is used in the fission process.
588. The solar energy falling on the atmosphere of earth is almost 1.4 kilowatt per square meter.
589. The large plates of solar panels are painted Black.
590. The temperature of the semi-molten rocks about 10 km below the surface is 200 degree Centigrade.
591. Cataract is a disease of eye.
592. Rayon is made of Cellulose.
593. Meter per second is a unit of Velocity.
594. The greatest number of compounds is formed by the element of Carbon.
595. The major component of honey is Glucose.
596. The working principle of a washing machine is Centrifugation.
597. Oxygen is present in the largest amount in terms of per cent by mass in the earth’s crust.
598. Radioactivity was first discovered by Henry Becquerel.
599. Helium gas is commonly used in balloons and airships.
600. The process of elimination of water from any system is called Dehydration.
701. Spring tides occur on new moon and full moon days because on these days Sun, moon and earth are in a straight line.
702. Clayey soil is best suited for cotton.
703. The time interval between two beats of a normal human heart is 1 second.
704. The material used for bleaching paper pulp is Sodium hypochlorite.
705. Mercury has the smallest diameter.
706. The instrument, used for recording tremors of earth, is known as Seismograph.
707. Ionosphere makes the radio transmission possible.
708. Colour of the skin is due to the presence of Melanin.
709. Natural rubber is a protein.
710. Concave mirror can be used to focus sunlight.
711. Liver secrets bile.
712. When an object is transferred from the earth to the moon its mass remains unchanged.
713. The unit of sound is Decibel.
714. It is economical to transmit electric power at high voltage.
715. Diamond does not have a tetrahedral structure.
716. The unit to measure the supersonic speed is Mach.
717. The application of the principles of genetics to the improvement of human race is known as Eugenics.
718. The penetration of x-rays through an object depends upon the object’s Density.
719. Using Ultrasound, we can determine the Structure of the body.
720. The find the hidden secrets under the water, the ships and submarines use the Sonar system.
721. The dirt in the dirty water can be separated by using the Ultrasound.
722. Recording of brain waves from outer surface of head is called E.E.G (Electroencephalograph).
723. The first rocket launched by Pakistan was Rahber.
724. The first Nuclear power plant in Pakistan was established at Karachi.
725. Sodium benzoate is used for preservation of food grains.
726. Steel is more elastic than rubber because ratio of stress to strain is more.
727. Haemoglobin makes the blood look red.
728. Mercury is extracted from Cinnabar.
729. Cattle-bone powder is used as fertilizer as it is rich in Phosphorous.
730. Heating element of an electric heater Nichrome.
731. Dry sand appears bright while wet sand appears dark because of Reflection.
732. Acid rain contains high levels of Sulphuric acid.
733. A woman’s voice is shriller than a man’s due to smaller vocal chords.
734. The blood glucose level is commonly expressed as Milligram per decilitre.
735. Soft drinks such as colas contain significant quantities of Caffeine.
736. A small pouch containing silica gel is often found in bottles of medicine in tablet or powder form because silica gel absorbs moisture.
737. Fluorescent tubes are fitted with a choke. The choke coil reduces current in the circuit.
738. For reproduction of sound, a CD (Compact Device) audio player uses a Laser beam.
739. When a CD (Compact Disc used in audio and video systems) is seen in sunlight, rainbow like colours are seen. This can be explained on the basis of the phenomenon of Reflection and diffraction.
740. If a U-238 nucleus splits into two identical parts, the two nuclei so produced will be Radioactive.
741. The total genetic material within an individual is known as the Genome.
742. The part of the body directly affected by Pneumonia is Respiratory system.
743. As the amount of clay in a soil increases, its water retaining capacity increases.
744. “O” blood group of human beings is a universal donor.
745. Amino acids are a product of the digestion of Protein.
746. Ptyalin is a starch digeting enzyme.
747. Pepsin, a digestive enzyme, is produced in the Stomach.
748. Milk is nearly a complete food by itself.
749. The acids turn the blue litmus paper Red.
750. Permanent magnets can be made from Cobalt.
751. Nights are cooler in the deserts than in the plants because Sand absorbs heat more quickly than the earth.
752. Atmospheric pressure exerted on the earth is due to the Gravitational pull.
753. Fertilizer having high nitrogen content is Urea.
754. Potassium Carbonate is used for removing air bubbles from the glass during its manufacture.
755. The chemical name for “baking soda” is Sodium Bicarbonate.
756. The snow on the mountains does not melt all at once when it is heated by the sun because it reflects most of the heat from the sun.
757. First time AIDS was identified in 1983.
758. Anthrax is a bacterial disease.
759. Blood is formed in bone marrow in human body.
760. Quark is the smallest part of the matter discovered by the scientists.
761. Trachoma is a disease of the eye.
762. The heart of a normal adult human being weighs about 300 grams and that of woman 200 grams.
763. Heart pumps 5 litre blood per minute in a normal human adult (at resting position).
764. The part of the body directly affected by Rikets is bone tissue.
765. Histology is the study of tissues.
For complete Everyday Science notes click here.